Unable to access Oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to access Oil

Not sure if this is a common problem, but, all the oil resources show up on coastal areas, not on land! This is the first time I've seen this and have no idea why it's doing this.

Without the oil, I of course cannot get new stronger units like the destroyers and such. Is there a way to access the oil from coastal areas? If so, how?

On the city screen, I show population working on the water tile the oil is on. However, the trade advisor doesn't show it as my having it, nor am I able to build units that need the oil strategic resource. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If oil shows up on water, you're probably playing with a mod. To keep this from happening, you need to edit the civ3mod.bic file.

Directions
    1. open civ3mod.bic
    2. ruels --> edit rules
    3. click on 'terrain' tab
    4. select 'coast' terrain
    5. go down to 'possible resources'
    6. while holding the control button (ctrl), click on 'oil' to remove it from the list.
    7. repeat step six, except selecting 'sea' terrain instead

Reminder: This will only affect future games, as the resources in your current game are already seeded.
    DarkMatter

As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy.
    -Christopher Dawson, The Judgment of Nations, 1942

Comment

Blast, I can't fix my current game then. But thank you very much, I'll be doing that right now. Whoever thought it would be cute to put oil on the water was a moron!

But yeah, I've installed a few mods that have probably laid havoc to the game. Thanks again, for your responce.

Comment

The idea to put oil on the water was to make it more realistic, but the game decided to put most of the oil on it instead of on the land. So it wasn't moronic, they just didn't know that the game was going to implement it so.
        DarkMatter

As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy.
        -Christopher Dawson, The Judgment of Nations, 1942

Comment

Working...
        X