How to get map with 4-5 islands?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get map with 4-5 islands?

I would like to play game with 4-5 islands which are around same size.

Only problem is that I always end up with one island that is at least half of total land mass and few smaller ones. It seems impossible to get game to generate even 3 about equal size islands.

It seems that number and sizes of islands are almsot fixed. Only difference between pangea, continents and archipelago seems to be that in pangea you get more big round continents and in archipelago you get narrow lands. Still there is always one huge land mass and few smaller ones.

Does anyone know how to get bit more balanced island map?

I rather play only with normal or smaller maps, otherwise I don't much mind how settings are. All suggestions are welcome.

Well, you could always make your own map. I haven't played around with this kind of stuff, but someone would probably be able to help you in the creation forum.
    Jacob's Law "To err is human: to blame it on someone else is even more human."

Comment

Re: How to get map with 4-5 islands?

Originally posted by Auren

Only problem is that I always end up with one island that is at least half of total land mass and few smaller ones. It seems impossible to get game to generate even 3 about equal size islands.
      hmmmm, the current game i'm playing, (whatever the middle size is called, and continents) and it's 3 continents that are close in size (one of them is a little smaller than the other two). It has made for a fun game and I can see why you would find it desirable. There were also 4-5 small islands (2-4 squares)

The game prior was similar but the third continent was considerable smaller than the main two.

RAH
      Have you tried playing with % water?
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I have tried with % water but it doesn't seem to help much. Which amount of water you used for your game? I could try out same kind of settings.

I seem to always end up with one continent being more than half of entire landmass fo the world.

Comment

As little water as possible. I too like multiple large continents.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Someone made a map of Hawaii...it is a lot of fun. It's over in files if you are interested. The islands are small, but I like that.

Comment

Working...
            X