Naval Movement bug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naval Movement bug?

Havn't seen this come up in a search, so I thought I'd post and see if anyone else can duplicate this behavior:

Playing Iroquois on Regent, Industrial Era, I did a click-and-drag to give my battleship movement orders near the English coast (outside their waters / borders) - Halfway through the movement, I get the "we lost our supply of Dyes!" dialogue, and my battleship begins to attack a blank sea square. I'm suddenly at war with the English and my battleship is down two pips of health.

Confused, I load the autosave and send over one of my submarines to the square adjacent to the one the battleship had tired to move into - lo and behold, there's an English submarine there.

So it would seem that giving move orders over where another civ's submarine (if the naval unit does not have "See submarines") will cause you to attack that sub, without giving you a "declare war" dialogue.

I'll admit that I havn't fully tested this, and that I've a couple of mods to my civ3mod.bic including increased movement rates for naval ships and a couple of others, but was wondering if anyone had seen this as well.

Thanks for your time,
    Yaga
    For some the fairest thing on this dark earth is Thermopylae, and Spartan phalaxes low'ring lances to die -- Sappho

This is a hard bug to find, and to duplicate too.
    But well done!
    At least Firaxis should know about it now.
    "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
    Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
    Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
    Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

This was written up in the bug thread and sent to Firaxis. Hopefully we will see it fixed next week!

Comment

Working...
      X