Growth-bug?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Growth-bug?!

Firstly, I'm sorry if someone has posted this bug before...

Well, I got civ3 yesterday, BTW (YES!), and in my first game one of my cities suddenly said that it would take 9999 turns to grow!Under the city-icon (on the main map) it said "--" next to the city's name. Has anyone experienced something like this, and what can I can do (or maybe firaxis should fix it in the patch...).

The city-display of that city is shown below:
    Attached Files
    My Website: www.geocities.com/civcivciv2002/index.html
    My Forums: http://pub92.ezboard.com/bacivcommunity

Your city has probably reached it maximum growth for now.
    To grow bigger than 6 a city needs an aqueduct, and to grow bigger than 12 it needs a hospital.
    If a city has reached its maximum and can't grow any further the city growthrate is put at 9999 and --, 'cos as things are it'll never happen.

Robert
    A strategy guide? Yeah, it's what used to be called the manual.

Comment

Actually if your city is located on the riverside it does not need Aqueduct and will happily grow up to 12 without any extra improvements. So: building cities near rivers not only adds to commerse, defence and ease of irrigation (it is a pain to have to stretch some kind of irrigation belt across empty squares outside the city radiuses to irrigate some remote city), but also saves time&shields on construction and cash on maintenance of aqueducts.
      However to grow beyong 12 you will still need a hospital

Comment

Fresh water lakes also gives you this benefit.
        Vikings rule.

Comment

Thanx. But I knew the aqueduct-thingie. Just thought it was wierd with 9999 turns... It looks odd... It should say (IMHO) -Zero Growth-. Looks better...
          My Website: www.geocities.com/civcivciv2002/index.html
          My Forums: http://pub92.ezboard.com/bacivcommunity

Comment

Working...
          X