New Wonder Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaleC76
    I think small wonders should be made to be civ-specific. That way, the same wonder called The Super Bowl in one civ could be the World Cup or Stanley Cup in another. I like the Eiffel Tower small wonder idea, and it would prevent there being as many as 16 Eiffel Towers in a game. It could be Mount Rushmore for Americans, Big Ben for the English, The Sphinx for the Egyptians ect. I have no idea if that's possible, though.
    But if there's only one of each, they'd wouldn't be small wonders anymore right? I agree though, it would be nice to be able to select a specific nationality or government type as a requirement. There is a government selector now, no nationality, but you can only select one type or none. I have a Mass Media SW, that I don't believe should be available to a Communist government, but I can't be selective that way.

Comment

Overall, I think the game needs more industrial and especially modern age wonders. I either have all my cities set on Wealth or I take a turn to two to crank out 40 military units then it's back on Wealth. More wonder ideas:

The Louvre or The Smithsonian - after Scientific Method - increases culture, maybe commerce (tourism?) or science.

The Mayo Clinic or World Health Orginization - after Medicine ? Ideally, I think I'd take Genetics which allows 2 wonders (Cure for Cancer and Longevity), rename Longevity to Human Genome Project and Cure for Cancer to WHO.

I really like Mass Media, especially after Satellites.

Sydney Opera House - cause I'm going to like the graphic

Internet - after Miniaturization (allows you to see the Coffee Resource?)

Greenpeace - after Ecology

I also like the Eiffel Tower after Steel in the Industrial Age

The Automobile - after Mass Production.

I'd also really like to see the Starbucks Small Wonder, requires 8 coffee houses. Provides a coffee house in every city on the same continent. Coffee Houses require the Coffee resource.
      Flogging will continue until morale improves.

Comment

Hey Grrr,

far be it from me to be un-PC, but the Waitangi Tribunal a wonder!!?!?

Maybe if you want to give the AI more of a challenge by building a wonder that gives you some culture at first, but increasingly, as its culture rating increases over time, starts to slowly require more and more maintenance.

How about a National Park like Mt Cook (I think that's what it's called), or Yellowstone etc for Americans? Tourism bonus - more trade and less pollution?

Otherwise for some reason I thought of _Auckland_ as a wonder - and I can't get my mind off of it!

Perhaps it's just late and I go back to work tomorrow, er, today.

Oh crumbs.
        Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Originally posted by homegrown
          Overall, I think the game needs more industrial and especially modern age wonders. I either have all my cities set on Wealth or I take a turn to two to crank out 40 military units then it's back on Wealth. More wonder ideas:

The Louvre or The Smithsonian - after Scientific Method - increases culture, maybe commerce (tourism?) or science.

The Mayo Clinic or World Health Orginization - after Medicine ? Ideally, I think I'd take Genetics which allows 2 wonders (Cure for Cancer and Longevity), rename Longevity to Human Genome Project and Cure for Cancer to WHO.

I really like Mass Media, especially after Satellites.

Sydney Opera House - cause I'm going to like the graphic

Internet - after Miniaturization (allows you to see the Coffee Resource?)

Greenpeace - after Ecology

I also like the Eiffel Tower after Steel in the Industrial Age

The Automobile - after Mass Production.

I'd also really like to see the Starbucks Small Wonder, requires 8 coffee houses. Provides a coffee house in every city on the same continent. Coffee Houses require the Coffee resource.
          That's always been a problem with Civ as far as I'm concerned. After awhile all the cities are pretty much the same, and there isn't really anything to build anymore. I'm glad with this editor I have the opportunity to correct that by creating my own. And thanks for the Mass Media endorsement. I kind of thought it was a no-brainer myself.

And I think there should be more purely cultural improvements, designed to reduce war weariness. For instance, I've created a concert hall with the discovery of Music Theory, again a no-brainer. With 5 of of those I can build the Carnegie Hall SW. I also thought it would be kind of cool to have a wandering minstrel unit. He just wanders from town to town, making one happy face, and adding a cultural point while he's there.

I've also added Art Gallery with Free Artistry, and The Louvre SW once I have 5 of those. And for god sakes, no radio station with Radio, or Newspaper with Printing Press? Come on. Or how about a TV station with Electronics? It seems the Firaxis definition of what constitutes a modern civilization is rather superficial. They really haven't added very much in the way of improvements since the first one came out. In fact, whatever happened to Stock Exchange? It's a little silly being able to build Wall Street in 1450 AD, as I was able to do recently.

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
            Hey Grrr,

far be it from me to be un-PC, but the Waitangi Tribunal a wonder!!?!?

Maybe if you want to give the AI more of a challenge by building a wonder that gives you some culture at first, but increasingly, as its culture rating increases over time, starts to slowly require more and more maintenance.
            This would be a REAL challenge, both to AI and to human players.

How about a National Park like Mt Cook (I think that's what it's called), or Yellowstone etc for Americans? Tourism bonus - more trade and less pollution?

Otherwise for some reason I thought of _Auckland_ as a wonder - and I can't get my mind off of it!

Perhaps it's just late and I go back to work tomorrow, er, today.

Oh crumbs.
            AUCKLAND a wonder! I may be an expat JAFA, but, I don't find AUCKLAND that wonderful, seriously!, whats so great about the Otara Chopping Centre, CHowick, Ponsnoby, and the Bombay Hills.

Hurray, don't have to get back to work !
            I'm still at school, and work there too!
            Last edited by Grrr; January 6, 2002, 20:42.
            Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
            Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

Well, the rest of the country looks at Auckland... and wonders...

And I work for school too, well, Uni anyway. But in the Hutt. But they have hi-speed 'net meaning I can get some quality goofing off here!
              Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
                Well, the rest of the country looks at Auckland... and wonders...

And I work for school too, well, Uni anyway. But in the Hutt. But they have hi-speed 'net meaning I can get some quality goofing off here!
                Sadly Kuranui College does not have such resorces, but thanks to that I am head IT technician, teachers here don't know anything. Anyway, because I have the admin passwords I can do what I want!
                Last edited by Grrr; January 6, 2002, 22:25.
                Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
                Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

Working...
                X