Cold War Scenario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold War Scenario

As soon as they release the patch I'll probably start doing a Cold War scenario. I'm thinking it would start off with the Cuba Crisis 1962 - instant action - , and, naturally, end at the Berlin wall fall. In the first turn the Russian freight ships, loaded with tactical nukes, would be adjacant to the American circle of battleships, given the Russian leader a direct ultimatum of turning around or face, most believable, ICBM terror. I'm thinking Kennedy as the American leader - it would've been interesting to see what he had accomplished if he had got to live. Russians - Bresjnev, quite self-explanatory. Etc.

Although, there's some issues I'm quite at a loss at.
    -The only sea unit that can transport tac. nukes is nuclear subs, right? Thus, the nukes might as well be fired directly from the submarine, destroying the whole idea of the Cuban missile bases as an object to reach.
    -With up to 16 civs simultaneously available, what factions should be implemented? NATO seems like a good idea, but should one include UK? And what about France, aiming to be a third factor to count on in the mental war? Should the Warzawa Pact include eg. DDR, although they were occupied by, not allied with, Russia?
    -Should there be space for other contemporary conflicts as well, like ME etc, or should one focus only the East-West feud, perhaps even leaving out certain irrelevant cities, like eg. all African.

Argh.

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Juggernaut; November 28, 2001, 14:13.

If u want to include all issues, conflicts originating from the cold war :

- Vietnam
    - Cambodia and Laos

- Ethiopia, Somalia and Angola

- Israel (both US and USSR forced the Suez Fr/UK, Israel Suez army to keep control of it)

- Chili (against Allende), Peru (Maoist guerilla), Grenada

- China as an alternative (+ red Khmers vs USSR + Vietnam)

- Most indepedance wars

-Afghanistan / Iran

- Except for Tito's yougoslavia and Maoist Albania, the Warszawa pact countries should be counted as one with the USSR (occupation maybe, tight control surely).

- Space race (Spountik was in the air in 1957 or 58 i believe) but the race to the moon or the MIR station were important.

Hope this helps
    The Great Armada scenario

Comment

heres a solve for youre problem start out with tactical nukes already in cuba, have more in transports.. america would have lots of icbms, russia would only have a few..

Comment

a better time to start would be in 1949 when the soviets test their first nuclear weapon and right on the eve of the korean war

Comment

Working...
        X