Modifying Armies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modifying Armies

IMHO it's a very annoying thing (not to mention unrealistic) that you can't upgrade or replace units in an army so I would like to alter the army traits. Does anybody know how to modify the Army unit so that units can unload from it and/or be ungraded while inside it?
    "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you!"

I too would like to hear if there's some trick to do that. At least I haven't been successful in that yet.
    "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

No you can't.
      It was felt that the armies were already very powerful, and so upgrading them was not allowed for play balance. This is fine, but I wish they had told us somewhere. Instead I build my army of horsemen, only to find it totally useless for most of the game.
      "It is double pleasure to deceive the deceiver" - Jean de La Fontaine

Comment

I'm quite aware that you can't upgrade or unload units in an army with the standard rules. But since you can actually create new units or manipulate AFAIK any property of any unit, you should somehow be able to MAKE that possible so what I'm asking is "how?".

Comment

BTW. Can you actually disband armies?
          I mean if late in the game you find yourselve with some outdated army of horseman and cannot build a new one - you have to have 4 cities per army could be nice to be able to disband an old army in some border city and get a goo shield-boost to building some improvement.

Comment

Yes, you just disband an obsolete army as you would any other unit.

Comment

Working...
            X