Erp-erp-erp startup bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Erp-erp-erp startup bug

This startup bug didn't make it into the Official Apolyton Bug list - and is driving me crazy!!!

Symptoms: installs, then upon execution a black screen screen is presented, emits 5 frog calls, 1 second apart, ERP -ERP etc then hangs, requiring a CTRL_ALT_DEL to kill it from task manager.
    Have tried all hardware driver patches and the refresh rate bug fix to no avail.

Machine: P3 1.0GHz 512MbRAM, Win2000 Server SP2, nVIDIA TNT2 Pro64 video (I suspect this is the culprit, or it could be the OS).

Anybody else with these symptoms?

Max Payne First Person Shooter works great, but what grunt/graphics card do I need to play a Turn Based Strategy?

what driver?
    The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

nVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model64/64Pro 2.1.8.3
      I had a previous version istalled - had got this bug - updated to this from nVIDIA's website - made no difference

Comment

I have a TNT2 m64 as well, use the latest Detonator drivers, as they work fine for me.

Then again Im using Win98SE, so it might be Win2000. I dont know anything about the NT line of windows though so just try out the detonators.

Comment

Thanks for the notice - I had thought the detonator was for something else - but, alas, it made no difference. She ERPs on - not very gifted these last lot of programmers Meier used to cash in on past fame.

Comment

Working...
          X