Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bug Found: Not sure if you all know of it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug Found: Not sure if you all know of it.

Ok.....

I have found a bug in the ship bombardment orders. I clicked to bombard with my Battleship and got the grid and the targeting cursor, but found I was 1 square too far north. So I go south one with the grid still active and forgot that my opponent had a ship in the square I was moving to, so combat ensued. Once I won, I STILL had the crosshairs for bombardment, so I tested it out and I could fire the bombardment salvo as well.

Now, we all know that you either bombard or attack with ships, not both during the same turn, so I tested it and lo and behold, this holds true. Before attacking, hit the "B" key to bring up the bombard grid/crosshairs and then attack your target and THEN target your bomardment salvo.

Cavalier

Not sure I won't be using that one.

Zap

Comment

That would be useful if your battleship didn't get sunk by that freakin ironclad 7 times out of ten...
      My Message Board:http://www.naughtybooth.com
      Completely un-civ related, but still fun.

Comment

HAHA! Ditto's, Dave.

Comment

Oh, and thanks for the tip, Cav. I'll try that tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Daveraver
            That would be useful if your battleship didn't get sunk by that freakin ironclad 7 times out of ten...
            Tell me about it I think that if an ironclad can take out a battleship, then a fix should be made so if it does, it dies too - you know, its just goest full tilt into the battleship and rams the hull or something insane ... eye for an eye method

Don't worry, the official patch is on the way ... just a .. few ... more ...... days ....................

Cheers
            ~Alex
            "Nothing exists except atoms and empty space; everything else is opinion"
            -Democritus of Abdera

Comment

Tried this last night, Cav, and you're right, this trick works well. It works not only for battleships but for frigates and ironclads as well. Unfortunately, the first time I tried it, the galley I attacked, you know, shooting arrows at me, sunk two of my ironclads. Instead of an attack order, I could just have ordered "ramming speed" and come away with better results.

Comment

Did you know (prolly) that you could bombard ships with ships? I like to bombard ironclads with my battleship first and then attack to finish it off the next round, so I don't risk taking any damage!

Comment

Working...
                X