Request help from mapmakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request help from mapmakers

Whenever I generate a map, using the map editor, "colonies" pop up. During game play, these colonies squares are useless. No roads can be built on them and no resources are recognized.

Please note that I have not changed any rules, I have just immediately generated a map.

However, I have noticed that maps submitted to the forum have been free of colonies. How have you gotten around this?

I would appreciate any feedback from mapmakers.

Thanks.

generating a map... do you mean you just press the make me a map button? If so I can't help... most of the maps, actually all I believe are made from two different methods.

1. Create by hand.. each little square is made by hand which takes a long time and leaves something to be desired in an authentic map... but if it's for playability then this is a good way to do it...

2. BMP to Civ3... a bmp is made and then roads, start spots and goods are placed on the map. This is my format of choice after doing a few maps in ctp2 via method 1... you can make maps relatively quick but it takes a fair bit of time to make the bmp first you give a little... but you get alot since you can remake the map any size by rescaling the bmp.

Those are the main methods of map creation these days... random map making while nice... I just don't think many people are doing it.

Comment

Also what do you mean by "colonies"? The goody huts, the barbarian villages, or the actual colonies that you build with your workers? Also are they there from the onset or do you run into them later?
      Yours in gaming,
      ~Luc

Comment

Working...
      X