Espionage options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Espionage options

Okay, I build the Intelligence Agency, click on my capitol to do some heavy-duty spying, and I'm missing the "Propoganda" option. What am I doing wrong???
    Frodo lives!

Is that the only option you're missing?
    DarkMatter

As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy.
    -Christopher Dawson, The Judgment of Nations, 1942

Comment

Actually, no, I am missing others. Unfortunately, I'm writing this from work and doing this from memory. I have two options available. One is "Investigate City" and the other I can't remember. If I'm not mistaken, there should be about four or five options.
      Frodo lives!

Comment

Ah, I see your problem now. First, it's not exclusively your capital, but whatever city it is in. And second, you need to place a spy in each civ you wish to spy on. Placing spies comes with it's own risks; be sure to save your game beforehand.
        DarkMatter

As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy.
        -Christopher Dawson, The Judgment of Nations, 1942

Comment

I hope it's that simple. I can't remember if I tried using the city where I built the wonder versus my capitol. I think the manual said click on your capitol so hopefully, that's the problem. Thanks a million, DM. Now, if I only saved the game. I achieved a Domination victory and started a new game.
          Frodo lives!

Comment

Thank you so much, DarkMatter. That was the problem. I was clicking on the wrong city. This is what is so great about Apolyton. Help is just a mouse click away.
            Frodo lives!

Comment

I got it to work once but now I must have taken another "dumb" pill. Arrgh! Okay, I've built the Intelligence Agency, I click on the city in which it's built, but I don't get the proper options. I've placed a spy in one out of three civs. Do I need a spy in all of them to proceed???
              Frodo lives!

Comment

Once you've got a spy placed in ANY civ, just click on the "E" tab (bottom right corner of your CIV desktop) to access ALL of the espionage options. There may be another way to get there, but those tabs are allways onscreen, so always readily available.

Comment

Why is it I get the answers when I'm sitting at work?! Thanks, DATarbell. I'll check this out tonight, although I'm not sure I've ever noticed the "E" tab before.
                  Frodo lives!

Comment

Ooooohh, that "E" tab! I never noticed those before. And, wha'd'ya know??? An "H" tab, too!! Not to mention the "D" tab et al. Thank you, thank you, thank you, DATarbell. I don't know how I missed these in the manual (if they were even mentioned there).
                    Frodo lives!

Comment

kcbob, you're most welcome--that's the whole point, and IMHO greatest value, of the Help section of the Apolyton threads. I've lost count of how many times I learned something of great value here.

By the way, there may well be another way to access those same options (keyboard shortcut, right-click menu option somewhere, et cetera). If anyone knows or encounters those please post here! Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                      X