Sound glitches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound glitches

Hey, first of all, I know that we all hate duplicate posts... I didn't see anything on this, but who knows..?

Is anyone else getting sound glitches? I'm wondering if it's just my somewhat-antiquated system.

It usually happens when I've been playing over an hour at a time and when lots of units are moving. Here's some examples of what's happened to me:

- My calvary sound like (literally) hogs when they fight
    - My riflemen fire their guns EVERY SINGLE square they move. At first I thought it was fireworks from my "We love the Kaiser" cities. But wait, that's a sound effect that would..... make sense!
    - After a fight, the sound "echoes" and replays itself over, and over. Do you know how sick I am of that stupid sword sound??
    - Sometimes, the sound effects cut out completely, but then come back in tiny chunks.
    "Somebody hates me and I hate somebody too" - Reel Big Fish

I haven't seen all the glitches... but my Cavalry sound like pigs, too. I went digging in the directories looking for WAV files, but cannot find it. Irritating, isn't it?

WHAT HAPPENED TO SENTRY MODE?

Comment

The sound is fine for the first 30 turns or so, but then it starts cuttin' out and all that. I just turned it off and listened to my new Frank Sinatra sings Snoop Dawg CD.
      "You don't have to be modest if you know you're right."- L. Rigdon

Comment

Yeah my cavalry sound like pigs after a while as well. Also after about an hour or so my sound skips.
        Yours in gaming,
        ~Luc

Comment

I have the same experience: the trigger-happy characters firing guns with each square moved; the grunting and then the total disappearance of cavalry's gunfire after about 30 moves.

Also, sometimes when I call upon my science advisor I get a tight-looped sound repeat and a freeze on my system for at least 30 seconds.

FIRAXIS? A patch, please and THANK you!

Comment

I too am having the problems described here. After palyign for a while sound effects start looping, Science Advisor and Palace screens take several seconds to come up, mouse movement gets erratic, mouse clicks are not recognized. Restarting the game solves the problems for awhile but eventually they return.

Has anyone found a fix for this?

Comment

I too am having the problems described here. After palyign for a while sound effects start looping, Science Advisor and Palace screens take several seconds to come up, mouse movement gets erratic, mouse clicks are not recognized. Restarting the game solves the problems for awhile but eventually they return.

Has anyone found a fix for this?

Comment

My calvalry is normal, except when they shoot their rifles, it makes the arrow sound.

Comment

Start posting relevant system information so that we can find something that all your machines have in common. Also, has anyone not had these problems? The only one I myself have seen is the rifleman unit making gunshot sounds with every move.

--> Norm

Comment

Originally posted by Kevinho
                    I experienced exactly the same bug:
                    With music on, sound starts looping and the game gets extremely slow. Only fix I know is to turn off the music. I wonder what causes this problem since there are not many people having this problem. I guess it is related to slower systems (my hardware: amd k6-2 350, 380 mb ram, matrox 4 mb pci graphics) or to amd processors.

Someone should also collect the sound related bugs and post them in the Official Apolyton Bug List.

It would be very helpful if all who are experiencing sound problems post their system specifications.

Comment

Working...
                    X