No announcement yet.

How do I disband one of my own cities?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I disband one of my own cities?

This may be a very dumb question, but how do I disband one of my own cities? I am sure I've tried building a worker and settler in a size 1 and 2 city and it didn't work.

Anyone?
    ·Circuit·Boi·wannabe·
    "Evil reptilian kitten-eater from another planet."
    Call to Power 2 Source Code Project 2005.06.28 Apolyton Edition

I don't think that you can, but someone earlier was on to something like you can build a worker in a pop 1 city if there is no growth (extra food) but I can't vouch for the validity...not much help, but there you go!

Comment

I heard the same thing. Give it a try and let us know.
      "Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatum." — William of Ockham

Comment

Only one way I know of...

Empty the city of troops, sell all the improvements, then trade it to a civ you dislike for as much as you can. Then on the next turn take it back with an army and raze it. It's usually best to do this with the weakest AI right when its about to get squashed by another, since they won't be around for reprisals.

Comment

Here is the real way to disband one of your own cities. The city must be a size 2 (starve the city to that level). The city also must have 0 growth ('no growth') Indicated, change workers to entertainers, scientists, etc. if you need to. Then build settler. You'll get a pop-up where they tell you "Sire, we have built a settler in 'City Name' but that city will never grow what do we do?" You will have a choice to disband the city or to destroy the settler. Obviously you'd select disband city and you have a settler unit ready to go and found a city in a more desireable location.

Hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by ScottVib
            Here is the real way to disband one of your own cities. The city must be a size 2 (starve the city to that level).
            You dont have to starve the city to that level. Just adjust the food-output to break-even, or close to that, and keep on building settlers and workers, re-adjusting the food-output each time. Your own peoples pop-points is too valuable, just starve away like that.
            Revolting people in a newly conquered cities however, with pop-points belonging to a different culture, is another story. Perhaps this was what you had in mind. But even then, one should only starve them until the resistance is under control. After that, its better to build conquered foreign settlers/workers, and relocate them to colony- or tile-improvement duty, or merge some of them with your own founded cities.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottVib
              The city also must have 0 growth ('no growth') Indicated, change workers to entertainers, scientists, etc. if you need to. Then build settler.

Hope this helps
              Thanks! It was the 'no growth' I was having a problem with, the settler would just stay at 1 turn to completion until the city grew to size 3, then complete the settler. Kind of obvious now you point it out.
              ·Circuit·Boi·wannabe·
              "Evil reptilian kitten-eater from another planet."
              Call to Power 2 Source Code Project 2005.06.28 Apolyton Edition

Comment

I starved a size 3 city down to size 1 and created a Worker, strangely the Worker is listed as "Barbarian" and it cannot join any of my cities !!!
                xane

Comment

Originally posted by xane
                  I starved a size 3 city down to size 1 and created a Worker, strangely the Worker is listed as "Barbarian" and it cannot join any of my cities !!!
                  Was the pop in the city of your nationality?
                  Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Working...
                  X