MAP: IRELAND

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAP: IRELAND

Well, I figured that I'd take a side track and display what I have completed... not really finished Europe but have the islands and the Alaska area completed.... so here's a new map of Ireland.

Name: OmniGod's Ireland
    Size: 256x256
    Tech rate: 500
    Number of Civs: Up to 16
    East-West Axis open (would love to have it be flat, but that isn't possible yet)

Created from compilation of maps.

Enjoy, if you have any comments, please tell me what you think and what type of map you'd love to have next if the time strikes me
    Attached Files

And the preview image to go with it

Also have a question, how do you increase the length of time for research to be completed... I increased the tech to 500 from 200 for a map 1/2 the size and there is no change in the length... always 4 turns to each new discovery... if someone has the answer, please share
    Attached Files
    Last edited by OmniGod; November 24, 2001, 21:31.

Comment

Wow, that looks really good- I'll have to try it tonight...

Comment

Alright, I've played it for a little while- excellent, excellent map man

Comment

Glad to hear that someone is enjoying a little work of mine

Comment

Great map but i can't stand playing in huge maps with the time it takes for the AI (and my automated workers) to move.

Can you make a standart size of this map?

Anyway good work.
            I do not want to achieve immortality threw my work. I want to achieve it threw not dying - Woody Allen

Comment

Well done OmniGod
              Every positive value has it's price in negative terms - the genius of Einstein leads to Hiroshima.
              ---Pablo Picasso.

Comment

180x180 sound okay? I'll see what I can do... it shouldn't be that big of a problem... wonder how many people other than myself love the huge maps and have the computer to play those maps without too much trouble? But I'll see what I can do this weekend.. shouldn't take more than an hour or so..

Comment

YES!!!

I can finally throw out the english !

YOU ARE THE MAN!!!

This one's for you!
                  *downs a bottle of guinness*
                  I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

I have always thought that my 1,33 ghz Thunderbird is a "good machine". Well, now I have tried huge maps in Civ3 and I know I was wrong. If there is a world war, turns take too much time. It isn't fun anymore. I am _not_ eager to try any huge map before there are 3 ghz processors in stores

I have played large size maps mostly and most of my friends prefer those too. It would be great is these maps could be downloaded in that size too.

Comment

Originally posted by Fromage
                      I have always thought that my 1,33 ghz Thunderbird is a "good machine". Well, now I have tried huge maps in Civ3 and I know I was wrong. If there is a world war, turns take too much time. It isn't fun anymore. I am _not_ eager to try any huge map before there are 3 ghz processors in stores

I have played large size maps mostly and most of my friends prefer those too. It would be great is these maps could be downloaded in that size too.
                      Actually, according to a PC mag issue a couple of months ago, it was proven there is no REAl difference between a 500MHz, 1, 2, or even a 3GHz proccessor. They claim that there is only a difference when it comes to comparing a 1GHz and a 10GHz.

I thought this was informative enough to pass along.
                      I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Originally posted by Thrawn05

Actually, according to a PC mag issue a couple of months ago, it was proven there is no REAl difference between a 500MHz, 1, 2, or even a 3GHz proccessor. They claim that there is only a difference when it comes to comparing a 1GHz and a 10GHz.

I thought this was informative enough to pass along.
                        Sure, though my 1,33 t-bird is about 4X faster in some tasks than the old K6-3 450 mhz which I got earlier. Try programs that use all the computing power of your computer and you can see the difference quite easily. Try something like Seti@home or PiFast programs, and +1000 mhz t-bird has a huge advantage over under 500 mhz machines.

CIV3 depends similarly on the computing power of the processor, so I would assume that CIV3 runs much smoother on some future 3 ghz processor. CIV3 doesn't need any high-end display adapters, so the processor is the bottle neck.

A bit off topic perhaps, but I just wanted to say "Large maps are better"

Comment

Working...
                        X