Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how can you tell what research the AI's have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how can you tell what research the AI's have?

I want to be able to see what the AI's have science wise and also being able to tell what they are researching. I remember older CIVs and you could see this info.

Well on the diplomacy board you can see what techs they have that you don't and what techs you have that they don't. As far as what they are researching I don't know.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Actually you can only see what techs they have that you don't that you can buy, which are ones you could start researching.

And the reverse is true for your techs that show up in the diplo screen as well, only techs that you have and they can research.

This works well, because you can always tell when they finish a tech you already have and if your are not behind in tech, you can see when they get something you don't have likewise.

Comment

i severely miss the civ2 "info" screen
        it was REALLY helpful prior to entering diplomatic decision...and i didnt have to waste 15 clicks to find this info, like i do in civ3 ...talk about a step backwards

Comment

Another trick is to offer to sell them techs they don't have. If one of them returns a very low offer, then they are probably researching it. Kind of a cheat, I would say, but it might not be too accurate (haven't tried it myself)

Comment

Working...
          X