Question on making new improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on making new improvements

I just tried making a new small wonder-the Federal Bureau of Investigation inorder to help combat corruption. I put an entry in the civilopedia (which worked fine), but when I finally finished building it, the game crashed.

I didn't put in a picture for it (since I don't have a graphics program yet), is that required? If not, what else did I forget to do?

Marc

The problem is you don't have a wonder splash for it, which causes the game to crash whenever it trys to display it.

It's a bit complicated thanks to having to count the proper index and enter it in the pediaicons.txt file, but check out my tutorial in this forum for the exact instructions.
    Better to be wise for a second than stupid for an entire lifetime.

Creator of the LWC Mod for Civ3.

Comment

If you use C3CT v0.65 of later the Wonder splash will be copied as well as the building.
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Originally posted by Plutarck
        The problem is you don't have a wonder splash for it, which causes the game to crash whenever it trys to display it.

It's a bit complicated thanks to having to count the proper index and enter it in the pediaicons.txt file, but check out my tutorial in this forum for the exact instructions.
        I actually noticed your tutorial right after having posted the thread. I've added an icon and am now waiting for the wonder to be built (and saving every turn) to see if it works. If not, I'll probably just download Gramphos' program and use that (which is likely what I should have done in the first place).

Marc

Comment

Working...
        X