Long wait after each turn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long wait after each turn

My current game is in the 19th century, all land area and all 13 civilizations have been revealed. My PC specs are celeron 333Mhz,
    192MB RAM, Win2000, Geforce2 MX 32MB.

My problem is that after each turn I have to wait at least 5 minutes and sometimes even my screensaver gets enabled which is set to 10 minutes. The turns get longer the further I come in time and I'm fearing that by the time I'm in the 21st Century I'll have to wait at least 20 minutes after each turn. Right now I'm watching TV while I wait for my turn and this doesn't make me so concentrated in the game so I forget things I was working on.

Is it supposed to be this slow on my kind of PC? Any way I can speed the game up?

This is common when playing on large/huge maps and/or more than 8 civs. Unless you like playing Civ as a RTS play standard map, 8 civs. I'm running a Celeron 466, 256 megs RAM, 2 Meg onboard video and it doesn't get too slow on 8 civs/standard map (and still makes for a great game of Civ).
    Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
    I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Do you have the 'show enemy moves' option on? If it is it can only go as fast as watching all the ai's units move and stuff. Unfortunately its something I like to have turned on so I know what its up to, although I may turn it off soon because most of the time the ai just moves around aimlessly, esp when your borders are sealed.

Comment

I have a PIII 800mhzEB 1gyg SDRAM windows2000Pro
        32 MB Asus videocard, soundblaster live.

I have the same problem, hughe maps seem unplayable on the long.
        Remarkable that the saved file takes a long time to load also.
        They have to solve it, its not the movement, I turned all off including sound.
        Maybe a lower resolution will work, haven,t tried that yet.

Comment

and

-Alech
          "Build Ports when possible. A port gives you extra resources, as well as an extra tile for a unit to stand on." - Infogrames

Comment

My Athlon 800 handles the game just fine. I turned the watch enemy moves off, it's like the computer doesn't even get to go. It's all me. But every game is too short now

You could still see the computer moving around if he does something silly (we all know he's the one who'se going to end up paying) like go inside your country borders even with the option off.

Comment

Working...
            X