Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: new patches - new bugs....

Originally posted by wisecat
    tech_maniac, civplayer I have got the same problem with foreigh advisor lines, PLUS: settler rectangle (the one that shows where at first the borders of a new city will be) disappeared, some weird rectangles appear in the demographics (in size they are near to city "description board" outlines), Babylonians changed colour from green to deep blue....
    This all has happened after I installed the patch and opened my saved game.
    I do not have 3dfx of NVideo...
    So, is it a new bug or just saved game compatibility problem?
    The bug seem to be gone in the updated patch.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Yes,

The problem is gone for me also in the updated patch.

Comment

Yes, I also installed new patch and my saves work OK now.

Comment

I'm glad the updated patch is working for some people at least! I still lose the lines afterviewing the demographics screen and military advisor... maybe a few others, too, but I got tired of restarting the game to experiment. At least I can now check the domestic advisor without making the foreign advisor lines disappear... maybe some day the others will work...
          Evolution does not work in straight lines, but the minds of some scientists do.

-- George Gaylord Simpson

Comment

More graphics problems .... will they never end?

The new version of the patch may have fixed the problem with the Foreign Advisor screen, but after you visit ANY screen (any advisor, histograph, palace etc.) the boxes around city names and settlers get displaced downwards a little more than a square. This gets very distracting at the least, and is very anoying in the case of the settler. I have Win98se and a lot of other people who have also mentioned this problem elsewhere also seem to have '98 as well.

How about v1.17f while we wait for 1.24f, 1.33f, 1.51f .......
            ·Circuit·Boi·wannabe·
            "Evil reptilian kitten-eater from another planet."
            Call to Power 2 Source Code Project 2005.06.28 Apolyton Edition

Comment

I don't think that I had this line problem in the Diplomacy/Leaders screen UNTIL in installed the patch. I had installed the 'bad' version of the patch, and noticed the problem. I've run the updated patch, but still have the problem with the peace/war/trade lines disappearing. It seems to happen any time there is a change to the leader graphics (e.g. Civ is eliminated) or if there is a change to diplomatic/trade status (e.g. I declare war on a civ, or AI trades with another AI).

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm going to try uninstalling the game, then reinstalling it and the patch. (I'll run the GUI before applying the patch to avoid that nasty ini problem... )

FYI, I'm running a 32MB NVidia card (not sure of the exact model).
              --Work to live.

Comment

Working...
              X