Diplomacy Screen Bug! Civs missing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diplomacy Screen Bug! Civs missing!

And before you start thinking "Oh god, not that question again".... stop! cause its a diferent question

So heres my situation:
    I play games on the medium sized map, with 7 opponents, so they should all fit in my Diplomacy screen. And they do. But some of the civs dont show up!!!

And when i move the cursor over the empty areas (where the russian & english leader animation should be) the circle is highlights, and the advisor starts talking about either the Greeks or Germans!!!

Help. This didn't happen in my first game, but it has happened in my third and fourth game on Regent level!!!
    Fool me once, shame on you.
    Fool me twice, shame on me

BTW: I've been using the Shift-D combo to get to the missing civs!

Comment

Delete all your saved games including the auto saves and start a new game the missing civs should come back. Your current game cant be saved

Comment

Missing Civ's Solution

Elsewhere in the forums someone pointed out that if you are playing with more than 7 other civ's you can change which seven leaders appear on the Foreign Advisor screen by holding down the shift key and right clicking on one of the leaders to bring up a list of the others not displayed. This also works to bring back the missing leaders.
        ·Circuit·Boi·wannabe·
        "Evil reptilian kitten-eater from another planet."
        Call to Power 2 Source Code Project 2005.06.28 Apolyton Edition

Comment

his problem is that its a bug, he only has 7 civs to see, or 8, including him...
          Just my 2p.
          Which is more than a 2 cents, about one cent more.
          Which shows you learn something every day.
          formerlyanon@hotmail.com

Comment

Thanks guys, i just finished a game yesterday (AC victory on Regent), so i have no problem deleting my Saved-Games!

Comment

'Work-Around' to bring back missing Civs

Yes I know it's a bug, Duh! I've been playing a game against 6 other civs and the Romans have never appeared on the Foreign Advisor screen... I have all sorts of treaties with them and I am trading a few good... Anyway, I got the Romans to appear on the Foreign advisor screen by holding down the shift key and right clicking on the area where the leader's head should have been, up popped a list, with only Rome as they were the only civ not displayed, I selected Rome and the leader's head has been in the Foreign Advisor screen ever since

No deleting of files, no waiting until I finish one game and start another. The game has many bugs, and this problem will occur again I am sure before a patch comes out, but this seems like a relatively painless work-around until then.
              ·Circuit·Boi·wannabe·
              "Evil reptilian kitten-eater from another planet."
              Call to Power 2 Source Code Project 2005.06.28 Apolyton Edition

Comment

Re: Diplomacy Screen Bug! Civs missing!

Originally posted by jbavon
                And before you start thinking "Oh god, not that question again".... stop! cause its a diferent question
                Too late. You should have included "on a 8 civ map" in the subject.

And Flinx workaround is the best way to solve this as it currently stands.
                Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Working...
                X