New idea i haven't seen around

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New idea i haven't seen around

I had an idea i hadn't seen around anywhere so i thought i'd take my first post to share it.

What about making the Leader a actually buildable unit? i've done this and it works....first i gave the leader a preq, a value something like 50 so you just can't build tons of 'em, took the finish improvement options off and then created a new unit called slave using the scout flc and gave it the finish improvement option and the swtiched the battle created unit from leader to slave. Now in battle you have a chance to enslave a enemy unit to finish something. I think of it as a way of stack combat in the game... Military academy now builds larger armies instead of increasing a chance of leader so with the pentagon added you should be able to have up to 5 in army, 3 attackers, 2 defenders etc. etc.....

I've also tried to do this to make a navy but i can't seen to make it work, i tried using the privateer as a leader and see if i could do and changed all the preq so i could one straight off the game with a city by the ocean but couldn't even build it....gonna try again later..

Well i thought i share this info with you would have posted a modified bic file with the new slave unit etc. etc. but was too big for me to upload anyways

have fun
    "To live in peace you must take the war to the enemey"

one other thing i forgot to mention was i incorporated part of cossacks resource mod. the leade requires copper and gold build. gotta pay those armies right! just something to counter balance building them all over the place...
    "To live in peace you must take the war to the enemey"

Comment

Re: New idea i haven't seen around

Originally posted by UnforgiveMe2000
      Military academy now builds larger armies instead of increasing a chance of leader so with the pentagon added you should be able to have up to 5 in army, 3 attackers, 2 defenders etc. etc.....

You mean the Heroic epic?

'cause as far as I know the Military Academy only builds armies.

I realy like your slave idea. The only suggestion is to change the heroic epic to something more suitable.

I think you should only be able to build leaders in the city where you have the military academy. So as soon as you have discoverd military tradition you'd be able to build your first army. But not without the military academy
      Go BIG or go home.

Comment

Working...
      X