Science problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Science problem

I am wondering if anyone here might be able to help me with a little problem I am having.

I decided to create a scenario using the world map, but modify certain rules in the game. What I did was to change the Americans from being Expasionists and Industrial to being Commercial and Industrial. I also gave mountains one more shield and edited some of the properties of the natural resources. I ran the game and started the scenario. After I built my city, I went to the science advisor to choose technology that I want to research. Now here is where the problem comes. The problem is that I cannot choose any technology. The names are highlited in gold which means that I should be able to research the technology, but when I click on it, it doesn't get selected! I can't leave the science advisor screen because it won't let me leave until I choose a technology, but I cannot choose the technology because it refuses to be selected. I went back to the editor to make sure that I didn't change anything in the advances section and I didn't. Does anybody have any idea why this problem could be occuring? In the normal game and the Earth scenarios, the science thing works fine, but in mine it doesn't. Are there any reasons why this might be happening.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Update:
    I have been doing some experimenting with the scenario editior and it appears that if I uncheck the use default rules but leave all of the rules completley unchanged that I still cannot do any research.
    Last edited by ReuelKB; November 22, 2001, 21:14.

you're not trying to reasearch a tech that requires a prerequisite (that you don't have), right?

Comment

It is a known bug. The game thinks that you might have modified the techtree and tries to draw the lines itself. To play with custom rules you have to bak civ3mod.bic and replace it with the edited rules, when finished restore the original file.
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Could anybody elaborate slightly on Gramphos's explanation? Read literally, it appears to accomplish nothing.
        Regards,
        Disgracian

Comment

What he's trying to say is that to play and have a functioning tech tree, you need to modify civmod.bic *only* and not use the 'play scenario' button. This happened to me as well before.
          DarkMatter

As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy.
          -Christopher Dawson, The Judgment of Nations, 1942

Comment

Working...
          X