trim the tech tree?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trim the tech tree?

I looked in the manual, the README.txt file, and where is the info on how to use the "editor"?

I would like to stop the tech tree at the middle of the Middle Ages so we cannot progress past that point in the game. I see where you set prereqs for civs, but can I stop the advancement, and how?

Any help would be appreciated.

Question Authority.......with mime...

Re: trim the tech tree?

Originally posted by wotan321
    I looked in the manual, the README.txt file, and where is the info on how to use the "editor"?

I would like to stop the tech tree at the middle of the Middle Ages so we cannot progress past that point in the game. I see where you set prereqs for civs, but can I stop the advancement, and how?

What if you set all to require late techs?
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

One thing you could do would be to make all the techs dependent on one prerequiste tech that requires an VERY long time to research - like 1000 turns or so. That would effectively stop research at that point

Comment

Originally posted by Arkatreides
        One thing you could do would be to make all the techs dependent on one prerequiste tech that requires an VERY long time to research - like 1000 turns or so. That would effectively stop research at that point
        There is a cap of 32 turns, so that can't be done.

Comment

Re: trim the tech tree?

Originally posted by wotan321

Simply make the 1st industrial age techs (Nationalism, Steam Power, & Medicine) require modern age techs... thus, impossible to research. If you want Medicine & Sanitation in but no other Industrial age techs make Scientific Method require a modern age tech instead of Medicine.

Comment

Unfortunately that won't work either because the editor doesn't allow you to mix and match techs from different eras (or make loops in the tree)

Comment

Originally posted by Arkatreides
              Unfortunately that won't work either because the editor doesn't allow you to mix and match techs from different eras (or make loops in the tree)
              Could you set it to require itself?

Comment

These are all good suggestions..... I will try some of them.

As folks try things, report back here to see if they work.

Geez, I hope when they get around to actually finishing the editor that this is fixed.

Comment

So THATS how its done

In case anyone is checking back here for answers....

someone pointed out in another thread where I was whining about this, that you can stop the tech tree by going to the Civ Advances tab in the Editor, and under "Eras" choose "None".

Comment

Working...
                  X