Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help! getting real world map to work

Hey all.
    I like to play games of Civ on the real world map alot. Fortunately the game shipped with 2 proper world maps but i cant get them to work right.
    the Civs dont start in the right places.
    For example the French started in Central America and Rome started in Northern Africa when i tried to start a game.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

thanks in advance.

Ya can't, It's stupid in the editor you can place down all the historically correct starting places but which civ starts there is random. On my current game I'm the Germans and started where egypt is supposed to be.
    "I am the alpha and the omega"
    "I am the beginning, the end, the one who is many"

Comment

are you serious?
      i thought it was just my fault somehow.
      i gotta say that this is a MAJOR drawback for me. Looks like trusty old Civ II will stay on my Hrdrive in case i feel the hankering for some historical gaming... sigh

Comment

It happened the same to me

Guys, you're not the only ones... I was told the patch would work this out... until then, just start dozens of games until you get the correct spot...

Comment

sadly it just doesnt feel right unless evryone is where they are supposed to be.
          I like to play as the French/Germans against Russia, America, China, india, Zulu, Carthage, Aztec.
          Its a good spread that allows me to build Fortress Europe without opposition too early but makes sure that the further east or south i go the tougher it gets.
          i also like to give the occasional tech gift to America so they can overpower the Aztecs, ensuring that when im ready to cross the Atlantic i will face the toughest possible resistance.

Comment

Working...
          X