How do I take a screenshot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I take a screenshot?

I have a "print screen" button. But that doesnt seem to do anything, and if it is taking pics, then its not being very considerate, cuz i cant find them! Im running Win 98 on a Compaq if that matters. Help please!! Im trying to write a story and would like some shots to go with it...
    DEVM SVM
    I cant think of anything else intelligent...except, check out my alternate history page:
    Roma Invicta

After hitting Print Screen, exit the program and bring up any graphics program, like MS Paint. As it is already copied to the Windows clipboard, simply "Paste" it to your new file. Save it as a .jpg if possible as that will take up less space.

Comment

Just a small note. The MS Paint of Win 98/98 SE can only save files in BMP format. I suggest HyperSnap-DX for taking DirectX captures. You can obtain a free one week license to the 3.x version. I warmly recommend it!

Free downloads of HyperSnap screen capture, screen print (screenshot, print screen) and image editor, HyperCam screen recorder (screencam), more!
      "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

What DirectX captures? MS Paint can save in GIF and JPEG formats though I have never tried those.

P.S. You don't have exit the game, just use <alt>+<tab>
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

MS Paint can only save as jpg and gif if you have ms office installed.

Comment

Working...
          X