MAP: 10 Man Island - 256x256

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAP: 10 Man Island - 256x256

Figured I'd start with something not so tedious and go from there, you may recognize the location... but the resources aren't indigenous It's a way to get my feet wet again... hopefully if all goes well, I'll be back to pouring out maps like CTP2. Hope you enjoy, it's change of pace, and if you don't have a navy... YOU'RE SCREWED!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by OmniGod; November 21, 2001, 20:31.

Here's part of the base map... it's nice but nothing super special... just a change of pace for those bent on island domination.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hey Omni

Glad to see you made it here, hope your maps will be as good as the ones for CTP2.

Really enjoyed them back then !

Greets m8 !

Comment

Yes Omni, I hope that Bmp to Bic converter works

your Ctp II maps were brilliant
        Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
        GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Victor M,

could you explain to me how the Bmp to vic map converter works?

what do I have to do for it?

thanks in advance

Comment

I'm also looking forward to your maps, Omni. Long time no see, BTW.
            Yours in gaming,
            ~Luc

Comment

Hey El.... yep... hopefully I'll be here for a nice long while now... see what I can contribute to the hordes of scenarios people are going to start working on.

As for the convertor, Superman, it's basically converting RGB colours to specific terrain types. You need to use Adobe or some other comparable photoshop including the proper colour codes (.act or .pal files) and find or create a bmp to convert to a bic map (standard for CIV3). The maps I use, I created specifically for CTP2 but with some editing that I'm working on as I type, I'll have the whole world at 2km resolution completed to be converted to CIV3. While everyone is working on making a playable world map, I prefer accurate with playability and I prefer massive size. I run a P4 and 16 civs on a 256x256 map even after the year 2000 turns is still only 20 seconds max between turns, so I love large maps and that's what I concentrate on... but I've been known to work side projects for smaller maps. Basically, you need to play around with the editor a bit and see if you can make it do what you want to... if it can't ask the maker to fix it up a little bit to work with you... more input and greater maps are the benefit to him and us the mapmakers....

BTW... maybe another hour or so and I'll have the basics for the world in 256x256.... cross your fingers I'll follow that with a North Atlantic map since it was popular in CTP2.

Comment

Working...
              X