HOW DO I MAKE FLC's ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOW DO I MAKE FLC's ???

I really want to make a 3d unit for Civ3, but what program do i need to make them... can someone please help.[/COLOR]

Also does anyone know why, my QuickTime program will open the Leader Animation FLC's in the Civ3 directory but any of the others like the unit FLC's it just faults up?? [/COLOR] [COLOR=firebrick]

EEERrrmmm, you haven't been here long have you...NO OFFENSE but read some other posts... it's been discussed over and over again.

.FLC files have special headers by firaxis...we can't read them so we can't create them ....

SORRY !

Dan the Man said it's on the list but when......

Comment

Ok its just that Firaxis said before the game was launched, that we WOULD be able to make both Civ2 style and Civ3 3d style units for Civ3... Now whats going on here then?

Comment

Well...You can ..... I mean, like they said : you can add units, but we haven't gotten the right tools yet.

But be patient, I have the distinct feeling that it won't take long before either someone with graphical knowledge of file formats figures it out or firaxis supplies us with them tools

My bet is on the first to be honoust !

Greets

Comment

I CAN READ THE FLC-UNIT FILES!!!

Download Paintshop Pro 7.0 (it IS shareware), with that comes JASC Animation shop 3.0. With that program you can read the flc files!!! If we can read them; then we CAN change them!!

I am trying it now.
          Last edited by Jurimax; November 22, 2001, 17:40.

Comment

Couldn't save

I think that an interview with one of the Fireaxis guys said that the header of the files was not of a standard flc type. So you could view the files but couldn't save them.

I edited a Hoplite unit. All I did was put a red square in the upper left corner and saved it. When I loaded a saved file and clicked on the unit, it showed the unit with the square but the backround was messed up and the game locked up. Although PSP asked me all kind of questions for how I wanted to save the files. So maybe I just picked the wrong parameters.

Comment

Yea i found out you can can read AND edit the Flc. files with Animation Shop too. However i edited the Settler saved it as a FLC, all was well so far, i had Replaced the Settler Default image.

I then loaded up civ made a new game and it just froze as soon as i clicked ok to the Window that sais it 4000BC and all that crap.

In the bottom bar where it displays the unit icon, i noticed it showed one of the Settler frames i had edited.

I am quite sure we will eventually be able to edit and make units, maybe with the help of Firaxis there are 2 different types of .FLC files, it could just be something to do with pallete problems.......... i really want to add that damn Bi-Plane Firaxis made but left out lol

Comment

OH YEA AND THANX FOR THE GREAT EDITOR AND SCENARIO BUILDER FIRAXIS, I CAN EVEN MAKE THE ENGLISH START IN ENGLAND, NOW HOW ABOUT THAT....

Comment

Originally posted by SMIFFGIG
                  OH YEA AND THANX FOR THE GREAT EDITOR AND SCENARIO BUILDER FIRAXIS, I CAN EVEN MAKE THE ENGLISH START IN ENGLAND, NOW HOW ABOUT THAT....
                  Yeah, you can? The you can more than I (or can't I see irony when I meet it?)
                  "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                  "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Working...
                  X