Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help a newbie become a knowbie!

It's a real simple question:

Q: I build a city and the surrounding area has resources..of course. But do I have to build a road to something for it to get the resources from that square or do my little citizens do that for me. I think I'm confused because you have to link roads to certain things but not others. Please help explain to me when and when not to make roads to nearby tiles for resources. Thanks!

You only need link roads to Special resources & Luxuries (not special land type) .. so , Iron for example is a resource, will need a road , as you use it in the trade screen (gives access things like railroad or units which use that metal), but deer or fish are a special land type .. which you can plonk your citizens on to get food/trade/building resource ....

Dont forget, the road needs to lead all the way back to your capital city ...... (via harbours if on an island).

Hope that helps ...
    "Wherever wood floats, you will find the British" . Napoleon

Comment

I just want to say that gold doesn't need a road if it's inside the city radius. But you should build one, so that you can have increased trade in that tile.

Never build colonies on gold or resources of that kind. The civilopedia explains that.
      "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
      Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
      Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
      Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

Working...
      X