All Australian users with safedisc protection problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Australian users with safedisc protection problems

I don't bbelieve the gamecopyworld cracks work because we have a localised version.

Now, in frustratoin, I have spent the last hour reading about the type of protection and Civ3 has Safedisc v2 protection.

Now it appears, the only way to fix it is with a CD writer which i don't have. Does anyone have one that could read some info to make a crack? If so try www.gamecopyworld.com?

Anyway I'll see if there's a way to crack it without a CD-RW. If only this protection wasn't used then I wouldn't have this problem

Oh, and if anybody wonders, yes I paid my $100 for this game.

Comment

Okay, just tried uncracking it, got a new executable, still didn't work

Maybe its another error

Comment

Okay, so the crack(s) don't help, its not my CD

Lets go through the game specs
        1. Windows 95/98/2000/Me/XP
        Have: Windoes 95 4.00.950 C

2.Processer: 300 MHz recommended
        Have: AMD, with ~400MHz

3. 32Mb Ram
        Have: 64mbRam

4. 500mb HD Space, 50mB swapfile
        Have: 1.8 Gb free space

5. 4x speed Cd-Rom
        Have: 40x Asus 400 CD-S400/A

6. Must have direct x and can display 1024x768
        Have: Direct X 8.0 and max res of 1024x768

7. Must have dircet x compatable soundcard
        Have: Dunno but I use DX8 and Diablo II works

So what is wrong with my game??

Comment

Trying a forth crack. It won't work, I know, but I am in denial.

And I'm pissed off.

Comment

If you can't get the game to work, you should return it to the store and obtain a refund. Remember to uninstall CIV3 before doing so. If your store won't give a refund, ask to speak to the store manager and explain exactly why you are seeking a refund.
            None, Sedentary, Roving, Restless, Raging ... damn, is that all? Where's the "massive waves of barbarians that can wipe out your civilisation" setting?

Comment

Yep - feel your pain - I have a 1.0GHz P3, 256Mb RAM, 40Gb HDD, 19" monitor - and it wont run a bloody turn based strategy - the clincher is that I have a nVIDIA TNT2 video card which the ratbags decided not to support.
              I'm looking for a crack (and at the disassembled machine code) to get pass the friggin **** screen.
              Sell Firaxis/Meier shares now - looks like another Ansett/HIH/OneTel crowd to me.

Comment

Finally got it

The trick, along with everything else mentioned like Ctrl+Alt+del out of everything, was a good defrag. Don't know why that worked, but it sort of thouoght about quitting, then it went in

Comment

Working...
                X