MapUtility v2.75 testers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MapUtility v2.75 testers...

I have a new, powerful version of my MapUtility that now uses DirectX for graphics, has a lot better coding & algorithms, and now uses Civilization III maps... its not perfect yet... when it is perfect it will be called version 3.00... but it does usually get the job done...

I've never had it freeze up my computer... at worse it doesn't like something and closes up... (I'm on a bug hunt now to make it perfect) but I used it to make all of my maps for Civ3... It runs on Windows 98 but also seems to do fine on Windows 2000.

It can load either a grayscale or color (blue, green, yellow, brown, white) elevation map (in either .bmp or .pcx format). It can also load Civ2 maps, Civ3 maps, CallToPower, CallToPower2, Alpha Centauri, Railroad Tycoon II, and my UniversalMap format as well.

You can SaveAs (and also rescale in any legal size) to any of the above formats. You can also do cutting, copying and pasting operations (as well as create a map from scratch).

It is a multi-document interface, so you can have more than one map open at a time, and it uses DirectX to display the tile map area.

Who is interested in testing it? (and making new Civ3 maps) I can have it probably posted up on Thursday (Nov 22) in good order... I've tested it on my Dell 733 Mhz in Win98 & Win2000, and on a Hewlett-Packard 333 Mhz in Win98 so far.

It works pretty well NOW, and there REALLY is only one recurring bug that I'm trying to figure out, and it occurs at ONE specific line of code (out of about 15,000 lines) that initializes an array of 16-bit integers. I should have that licked eventually.

amflinch@earthlink.net

send it along, I'm willing to try it on a P4 1.7/256RD/WinXP

rsaari@alumni.uwaterloo.ca

Comment

Working...
    X