Max number of cities/corruption info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max number of cities/corruption info

Does anyone know how many cities you can have for each map size before corruption cripples everything? I can't find it in the manual, and I think I've seen it on here before, but can't find it any longer. I've got about 25 cities, and with the exception of 10 or so, they are all useless. Even with courthouses, we're talking one shield (even in size 12 cities). The only thing they're good for is drafting all their citizens, selling off every improvement, and selling them to the AI civs. I'm thinking I've gone over my "max-cities" limit, but have no idea what that is. I also read on a post that when the game prompts you to build the Forbidden Palace, that you've reached your limit. Any ideas on this stuff? I'm sick of building courthouses that take 100 turns, and getting nothing for it. Time to send out those draft papers!

The information you want is in the Civ3edit program. Max number of cities is under the World size tab.

I was also tired of the corruption model, so I made a few changes to get rid of it. If you plan on making any changes, though, I would suggest you backup your civ3mod.bic file.

I increased the Max number of cities to 1000, under Governments dropped each government type to Minimal, and added the Reduced Corruption switch to every city improvement. Now I can play a Huge map with minimal corruption on a city on a continent on the other side of the world, and a few city improvements takes care of that !

Make sure you backup your "civ3mod.bic".

Comment

Working...
    X