Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice on airlifts and cruise missiles

OK, two questions.

1) How do you airlift units from one city to another city. I assume that both cities need to have airports.

2) Now that I've created several cruise missiles, how to I move them to where I need them?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1) yes, both cities need an airport, and i think it is the 'T' key to airlift between the two.

2) yeah, there is no where in the civilipedia that states which units can/cannot transport the cruise missiles. if anyone can post a list of those units, many thanks.

Comment

Airlift Problems...

For some reason Artillery seems to be unable to airlift... Is this by design or a bug?

Comment

you need to discover advanced flight before being able to airlifts units between cities with airports.

I don't know why artillery can't be moved. Either it's not possible to move them (due to there special status) or the cities you're trying to move them have already done an airlift.

Cruise missiles move and fortify just like a regular unit. They won't loose fuel or anything. Once they are in position, press the bombard button to use it.

Comment

Throw away any preconceptions on how a cruise missiles should act and think of it as a one-time use artillery unit. They really should have called them SCUD launchers or something to avoid confusion.

Artillery cannot be airlifted by design, but im not totally sure why though, probably some game balance the enlightened programmers forsaw that us lowly players cannot fathom.

Comment

I was wondering what was up with my cruise missiles (why they only had one movement point), but reading here, it seems this is the way the game was designed. Cruise missiles are pretty bloody useless it seems.
            If the voices in my head paid rent, I'd be a very rich man

Comment

What makes them even more useless is that you can't actually kill thing with bombardment, even if it only has one health point left. Couple that with the fact that it is dangerous to use them defensively since they'll just knock out your improvments instead, and all of a sudden you stop liking air units all together. Normal artillery is when used to defend with other units.

I suppose bombardment can be useful, but only if you intend to raze any nearby cities...

Comment

Working...
              X