Unable to Sink Enemy Naval Units?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to Sink Enemy Naval Units?

I can only bombard them until they are down to the last hit point (the red bar) and then I am not allowed to 'finish them off.' It doesn't matter if I am using a naval or air unit for the attack. Is this a bug or part of the game?

I seem notice once the enemy units are down to red bar they return to base...but is extremely frustrating not being being able to sink them.

One other thing I've noticed...I've even hit an enemy detroyer with a tactical nuke and only did one point of damage on it. Seems odd.

Also, the manual does not list hit points or any information for tactical nukes or ICBM's?? I'm assuming this might be because of their unpredictable nature? But, it also doesn't have any info on 'pinpoint' bombing...I only discovered it when it became an option on the screen.

I've haven't played Civ..since Civ I...so if I ask stupid questions...sorry! The game isn't terrible...but these are just a couple of the more frustrating issues I've seen. Several of the menu options don't seem work either, checking or unchecking them doesn't seem to make a difference.

1.) It's part of the game design, but some in the community are trying to get Firaxis to allow bombardment to at least destroy naval units, which would be more lifelike.

2.) I think nukes should destroy half the units in the stack (rounded down) and do damage equal to 50% of remaining units. This is another thing people have a gripe with. Nuke should be more life like as well. Hopefully the patch will address this too.

3.) That's because nukes don't have any hitpoints or anyother stat for that matter. There's a seperate nuke flag in the game rules.

4.) That's called precisision bombing, and it becomes available upon discovery of Smart Weapons, one of the last 4 techs. Only F-15's ( the unique American unit), stealth bombers, and stealth fighters can execute precision bombing. It first targets improvements, then population. I feel the actual effects of the precision strike should be altered to target military units instead of population.
    DarkMatter

As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy.
    -Christopher Dawson, The Judgment of Nations, 1942

Comment

Working...
    X