A couple of handy tricks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple of handy tricks

Pressing "ESC" will exit any screen in the game.

If you want to look at the map during negotiations, press "ENTER". The diplomacy screen will close, and you can have your look around. Contact your trading partner again, and you are right back where you left off.

I don't know if this affects the negotiations as I haven't played with it a great deal, but it seems a very handy trick. It works from the Foriegn Advisor screen as well.

Example: I am in contact with both the Romans and the Egyptians. They both have Mysticism. Neither has Mathematics. I lack Mysticism and have Math. I contact the Romans and negotiate the best deal I can. Press "Enter". Contact the Egyptians. Check what kind of deal I can get from them. If the Romans were offering a better deal, exit. Re-contact Romans and accept the deal.

It's a handy little time saver when playing a tech-slut.

Edit to change punctuation for comprehensability. I didn't know the greater and lesser than signs had any special functions on the boards. Sorry. Hope it makes a little more sense now.
    Last edited by Thoth; November 20, 2001, 22:10.
    Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
    I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

I'm sorry...but i don't see the keys that should be pressed!!

When ou say "press", what keys do you mean?

Portugal
    Nation of: Magellan's (from Magellan's Expedition);
    Vasco da Gama (Discoverer of the Maritime path to India);
    and Pedro Álvares Cabral (Discoverer of Brazil in 1500)
    "Every day Mankind fights a battle against Nature, forgetting if winning, Mankind will be among the defeated!"

Comment

ESC

Comment

Thanks, Thoth!!

I'm sure that info will prove useful! (at least for me it is)

I was really wondering if there was such a key!

Great info!

Portugal
        Nation of: Magellan's (from Magellan's Expedition);
        Vasco da Gama (Discoverer of the Maritime path to India);
        and Pedro Álvares Cabral (Discoverer of Brazil in 1500)
        "Every day Mankind fights a battle against Nature, forgetting if winning, Mankind will be among the defeated!"

Comment

Working...
        X