Some questions.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some questions.....

Ok, I have the game and I've played a few test games on Warlord (sue me ) and I have some questions.

1. I always seem to lag behind the other civs in the tech race, EVEN after I've build libraries, universities and certain Wonders (not by a really large margin, just two to three techs) Any tips as on how to maximize research because if I can't win the tech race on Warlord, how am I ever going to win on the higher levels? In Civ2 I never build the Great Library because I liked the challenge but it seems I have to now just to keep up.

2.I don't know how they do it, but the AI always seem to be able to expand, build up a large military AND build several key Wonders at the same time while I have my hands full doing just one or two of those things. Any suggestions on how to surpass the AI?

3.Should I focus on culture or just forget about it for the first 4000 years and just expand like heck? (in my recent games I've always had the highest culture).

4.How do I combat the annoying tendency of the AI to found cities on my continent on the only square not within my borders. I don't want to found cities there myself because they'll just severely overlap with other cities, thus preventing their development. Any ideas?

5.Should I expand ad infinitum or should I stop after a certain amount of cities or after a certain amount of time? (and yes, I'm aware of the corruption issues, it's just that that the AI always seems to be expanding, leaving me worrying about the future when I'll have 20-25 cities and the AI 40-45 cities). Should I just litter the map with useless cities and forget about them or should I let the AI expand to their hearts content?

Ok, that's it...........for now.

To answer your first question, have you traded much with other civs? In the early game, this seems to be vastly more important than it was in Civ; trading technologies and trading contact with other civs.
    kmj

Comment

Working...
    X