Fortresses and Zones of control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fortresses and Zones of control

Q: Could somebody explain the role of fortresses (and actually whole new concept of zones of control)?

Manual says something like: "Unit in a fortress.... has ability to take free shots at passing units...". What does it exactly mean? Does it, for example, make sense to fortify Hopite (1/3/1) in a fortress or shall I rather fortify Archers or Longbowmen? In Civ2 well situated fortress with good defensive units in it often saved my nation - it seems that it does not seem to work this way now. Is there a strategy how to effectively protect border of my empire?

You may guess - this is exactly how I lost my first game Wat used to be enough in Civ2 (couple of fortresses and defensive units blocking strategic points and access roads) obviously was not sufficient this time.

I guess free shots mean that when your units have been fortified and an enemy unit passes by the fortified units can occasionally shoot the by-passing unit. This way you get an extra change to fire!

So I think it's best to fortify any military unit, which has no other place to go to?
    -SilmäAuki

Comment

Working...
    X