No announcement yet.

Corrupted InstallShield -------- HELP!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corrupted InstallShield -------- HELP!!

After installing Civ3 (won't start,e xcept the editor) it appears that InstallShield is corrupted. Install, reinstall and uninstall are now all the same: they put a single file Civ3.exe in my Windows directory, change the program tree and the register and that's it.

HELP!!!!!!!

I don't know how to repair this!!!!!!!
    A horse! A horse! Mingapulco for a horse! Someone must give chase to Brave Sir Robin and get those missing flags ...
    Project Lead of Might and Magic Tribute

Wow. At least this problem I have solved.
    To get the install procedure working again:
    - there are TWO install folders in the Program folder, both must be destroyed
    - the registry of Infrogrames Interactive in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/ must be removed (with regedit.exe).
    A horse! A horse! Mingapulco for a horse! Someone must give chase to Brave Sir Robin and get those missing flags ...
    Project Lead of Might and Magic Tribute

Comment

My system froze while I was uninstalling Civ3, and the same thing happened to me. Luckily, I remembered something somewhere about a power programmers trick/toolbox called TweakUI.exe.

If you have Windows9x, it may or may not be found on the original Windows CD. If it's not, it's available in lots of places on the web.

Try http://www.annoyances.org/ and click on the left under "software". It's probably also available on the Ziff-Davis site.

TweakUI has a routine inside it that will uninstall anything that is in windows, just by deleting it's registry entries, but it's up to you to make sure that the files get deleted, too.

Good luck !

Comment

Working...
      X