Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GRAPHIC: build queue with easy to understand info

Compatable with Civ III patch 1.21f and 1.29f

This mod uses nice little pictures to decifer how much the unit/building/wonder you are about to build (i.e. in the queue list) costs, culture produced, upgradability, # of units that it can transport are all shown. it pretty much follows along the lines of Il Marfioso mod, but with pictures instead of bars.

it has an auto-install and auto-uninstall included! Just extract to your CivilizationIII folder, double click, and play
    (version 2.0 fixed it so that you could not accidentally overwrite your backed up files if you installed multiple times without uninstalling first)

UPDATE (22-MAR-2003 11:45am CST):
    NemosQueueMod Version 2.1.21, compatable with Civilization version 1.21f and 1.29f. Older versions can be found through out this thread.

Please post any problems, or email me at: jeric AT sbcglobal DOT net

...ok, time for me to go play now
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Nemo; March 22, 2003, 13:39.

dp

Comment

Unit list screenshot (low quality .jpg file, sorry)
      up-arrow = upgradable times the number of arrows (i.e. 3 up-arrows means the unit can upgrad 3 times)
      transport units have a number, showing the number of units it can carry.
      If there is no symbol next to it, the the unit cannot carry anything, nor can it be upgraded. (i.e. the "X" has been removed from non-upgradable units =)
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Nemo; February 16, 2002, 03:37.

Comment

Building list screenshot (low quality .jpg file, sorry)
        (it uses the red and yellow coins for the cost, kinda hard to see in the screen shot)

music symbol = culture (which is the same as the rest of the game)
        money symbol = each red/yellow coin pile represents one coin per turn you must pay in maintainance (i.e. if it has a red/yellow/red coin combination, then that building requires 3 coins per turn in maintanance)
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Nemo; November 18, 2001, 07:39.

Comment

very good idea,
          be free

Comment

Originally posted by Sn00py
            very good idea,
            thanks, it was the civ usability pack that inspired me
            Last edited by Nemo; November 18, 2001, 18:53.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemo
              X = not upgradeable
              The idea is great, but above X is unnecessary since its an understatement that no X means no upgrades anyway. A version without X:s would look less cluttered.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralf
                The idea is great, but above X is unnecessary since its an understatement that no X means no upgrades anyway. A version without X:s would look less cluttered.
                In addition to above, an in order to further reduce the cluttered look:
                I think one arrow is more then enough, just to indicate general upgrade-ability. Why is it necessary to know exactly how many times the unit can be upgraded?

The number of cargos feels unnecessary. One arrow for general upgrade-ability is enough. Keep it clean.
                Last edited by Ralf; December 9, 2001, 06:46.

Comment

Post-Patch Update?

Nemo,

Thanks for creating this great mod. I've found it to be a very useful mod as it makes decisions about unit selection much easier. Knowing the amount of culture produced, upkeep cost, and upgradability is critical.

Do you have any plans to update the mod to reflect changes from the patch? Among other things, several buildings/wonders have had changes to the amount of culture they generate (e.g., Shakespeare's Theatre now produces 8 culture rather than 6).

Thanks again.

Jess Robinson

Comment

Here is NemosQueueMod version 1.1 which is compatible with Civilization III version 1.07 (original release version), in case anyone still wants it.

If you are having problems downloading this file from apolyton, you can also download it from here:
                    NemosQueueModV1.1.zip
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Nemo; February 16, 2002, 03:52.

Comment

Thanks nemo for updating this great mod.

Comment

Here is version 2.0 which was compatable with Civilization III patch 1.17f

...if anyone still needs it.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I liked your mod. It is very helpful.

Comment

An update for C3C is on the way...

Comment

That looks really useful. I missed it originally, hope to see the C3C one. Will it be using the 1.15 patch?

Comment

Working...
                              X