Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing the wonder pictures

Hi,
    I started playing Civ3 today. Liked some things, didn't like others. Being the incurable modifier that I am, I immediately started modifying!

What with so much of the game modifiability still in a state of limbo, I decided to start on something easy. A number of the wonder graphics irritated me - but since there aren't wonder movies, it should be easy to make new ones. Luckily I made a wonder picture mod for CTP, so I can just update that, with some new additions. Stolen off the net, of course.

Check out the page
    http://apolyton.net/haven/webshots.html

to see some examples of what I'm doing. The top 8 pictures are comparisons with what Civ3 officially has, and what I'm planning on replacing. There aren't all of the ones I'm planning on swapping, but if there are any other Civ3 wonder pics you want to see replaced, please let me know.

Then there are some examples of "new" wonders. I'll basically follow the same wonder list as in my CTP modpack.

However, to get these to work in Civ3, I'm hoping for some help. Would someone volunteer to convert the files into their Civ3 format, and make icons and so forth? Lacking help, I'm probably only going to go this far, and hope modmakers go the rest of the way.
    Last edited by Harlan; November 18, 2001, 07:07.

Whoever did the graphics for the Civ3 wonders, their procedure must have been "whenever you don't know what to make, make a statue". Come on, a statue of an a-bomb in a bombed out field? Hunh?

Speaking of hunh, I can't figure out what the Magellan picture is supposed to be of? A model ship in a sandbox? Why?!?!?

Anyways, if anyone knows of websites that are about the digital reconstruction of buildings, or knows of good pics from other games (which I'm likely not to have, unless its Test of Time or the CTP ones, both of which have good graphics for these purposes), please let me know. Its good to keep that digital artwork style going if possible. Note for instance the Mausoleum, which came off the web somewhere as a digital reconstruction.

Another very important thing is that I'm very big on having pictures of wonders as they really looked, not as they look now. Things often looked quite different - for instance, most Mesoamerican pyramids were painted red. Its pretty easy to get a picture of say, the Acropolis, as the ruins they are today, but to find a picture of what they most likely looked like in their heyday is another matter altogether. A very tough task!

Comment

The pics look good BTW, In remember those wonder pics from you made for ToT on the Cradle of Civilization, they would also fit well...
      Blah

Comment

Working...
      X