Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow production in Modern era

I was just thinking...

I created a new city in 1990, but due to the lack of production it would still take me 50 turns to make an aquaduct. It seems ludicrous that in 1990 it would take 50 years to make a pool of water.

One would think that in modern times, with rails and other modern advancements, production could be "shared" between cities. For example, nowadays, a new city could fairly quickly make itself reasonably modern (i.e. hospital, marketplace) within several years - I can't imagine it would take 50 years!

just a thought.

That is a great point, In CIV I and II you had caravan to help speed things along. Now you lack that.

Comment

Well...in a way, you can.

Have your high producing cities turn out units when they have no improvements to build. Ship the units to the low producing cities and disband them. They will add shields to the project, hastening its completion. It is more cost effective than the 1:4 return on investment that you get from wealth and then using gold to rush build.

What you need to do is to convince yourself that the unit that you are producing is instead goods and material being transported to the new city. Barring the inclusion of something akin to caravans and freight in future patches or enhancements, this abstraction is the best that you can hope for.

Comment

Working...
      X