Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have 'Civ III Complete' and when I load mods they don't show up in the Civ Content section at all so I can't load them to play. Any suggestions?
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

• What do you mean my "load mods". Are you talking about install mods from downloads or one you created? Content should have filetypes of BIQ.

Comment

• Download...

"Content should have filetypes of BIQ."

Comment

• The scenario file should be 'scenario_name.biq'

Where do you download them to?
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• I download them to the desktop and extract them to C/Program Files/Infrogames/Civilization 3 Complete/Scenarios

Then I open the game and go to Civ Content and nothing is there.

This used to work when using the Conquests CD I left in the Phils.

Any ideas?

Comment

• When it extracted, what was in the file? When someone says mods, I think they are talking about modifications to the game. Those tend to have files that go into folders liek ART and its sub directories.

Scenarios are just Biq files and they go into the Scenario folder and show up when you select Civ content.

Comment

• Rhye's of Civilization

File: RoCX123_Setup.exe

or

Medieval European Mod II

mem-1.0.zip

When I download the Medeval file it has 'Biq' files in it.

Niether appears in Civ Content however. Used to with Conquests, bit not with 'Complete'.

Comment

• Those are mods. They should change the civ3abc.biq so that when you create a game as normal, it will use the mod. So you would just start a game the normal way, not use Content.

That game would have the new values and units per the given mod and any new rules. I do not use them, but that is how I understand it.

Rhye's changes the gmae that you generate, not provide a scenario to play from.

Comment

• Interesting. Still, they both suggest I go to Civ Content to fire em up and when I used Rhye's back when I had the Conquests CD that's what I did. I have been playing what passes for normal games for me but with no evidence of any change.

Comment

• Try going over to CivFanatics creation page and see if some of the players that use Rhyes can give you the answer.

Largest fan site for Sid Meier's Civilization series.

Comment

• Thanks...I got one of the mods to load but not play. That might just be the mod though...trying Rhyes again now. Thanks for the help vmxa1.

Comment

• Conquest Settings

Can anyone tell me why in CIV III each time a civ loses a SINGLE city they entirely collapse? If I lose a SINGLE city I lose the game instantly... there is no war for dominance... just over who can take a single city... something must be wrong with the settings or the install?

Comment

• It is due to the victory conditions selected. Regicide cause that. If you lose any town, you are out of the game. Just deselect that condition.

Comment

• Q Is CivIII the most awesome game ever?

A YES YES YES!!!!!!

Comment

• deleted post
                                Last edited by Mad Bomber; April 17, 2009, 00:33. Reason: asked and answered
                                * A true libertarian is an anarchist in denial.
                                * If brute force isn't working you are not using enough.
                                * The difference between Genius and stupidity is that Genius has a limit.
                                * There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.

Comment

Working...
                                X