Automate all units!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automate all units!

Well, using civ3edit, I enabled 'automate' action for all units (originally enabled only for workers). Guess what - it works for all units! Yes, sometimes automated unit behaves little stupid, but mostly not. I recommend you to see automated settlers, scouts, bombers, naval units and especially privateers!

If you are too lazy to do it yourself, here is modified civ2mod.bic.
    Attached Files

so you know just sit and watch the computer play for you?
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Well, there is more time for diplomacy now...

But, what exactly do automated combat units - attack every enemy in range, move to the front or what?
      Blah

Comment

Wait, think about it. You could pretend that all the units are being controlled by subordinates just like in real life. And they would screw up sometimes, just like real life! Too bad you couldn't have them automatically be automated, then I could set up a bunch of all AI games and see what the results are.
        I never know their names, But i smile just the same
        New faces...Strange places,
        Most everything i see, Becomes a blur to me
        -Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"

Comment

Originally posted by MacTBone
          Wait, think about it. You could pretend that all the units are being controlled by subordinates just like in real life. And they would screw up sometimes, just like real life! Too bad you couldn't have them automatically be automated, then I could set up a bunch of all AI games and see what the results are.
          Yes, I have thought about it. One classic flaw in civ logic is exploration before Radio -- how the heck can the Emperor know that its trireme or galley has discovered a new island in the side of th world? Before Radio, all units should be sent into exploration missions on their own and the Emperor should get their reports after their return. And there should be no way to know if the unit still is alive or not...

Emperor should be able to set the goals of the expedition -- to explore land behind our borders, to find the sea, to find another civ etc.

Comment

Cool! Think this is how the AI does a lot of it's magic? If it does, then that could allow some awsome stuff -- we could get some definate answers as to what the AI can and can't do (in regard to scns and changes to civ3mod), w/o playing a multi-hour game until something comes up...

-- adaMada
            Civ 3 Democracy Game:
            PTW Game: Proud member of the Roleplay Team, and Ambassador to Glory of War
            Intersite PTW Game: Member of Apolyton

Comment

Working...
            X