No Tutorial?! :confused:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Tutorial?! :confused:

The tutorial game that the manual takes you through in Chapter 4 doesn't seem to exist for the game? What does Firaxis expect me(the customer) to do? Make the tutorial myself! And without a scenario editor?! Baah!

Check the Start up listing after the opening movie, this should have a Start Tutorial Game on it. If I remember right.

Comment

Oh duh! It was right in front of my face the whole time. Anyway, thanks for the help.

Comment

NP man

Do that sort of thing all the time

Comment

Actually, the "tutorial" is not a pre-scripted scenario designed to teach the player how the game works. When you start a "tutorial game", you're just starting a regular game in Chieftain level and usually playing as the Romans. The game will just toggle "tutorial mode" on and the player will receive some messages about the interface and the actions one can perform.

Quite different from SMAC... there you had two or three scenarios designed to guide the novice player through the various aspects of gameplay. Plus, you could play with tutorial messages on, and those messages would comprise some sort of "tour" made of various messages and indications on how the game worked -- there were the "interface tour", the "base control tour", the "social engineering tour"... Great help system.

But SMAC is a more complex game than Civ3, so we could not say that that is a problem.
          I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Working...
          X