Does anyone know...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know...

How the AI reacts to changes that are made in the rules? Will it use new governments if they are beneficial? If resources are updated, will it know that it needs the new resources for specific units?

ANy help would be appreciated.
    'Ice cream makes computers work better! Just spoon it in..."

AI

Yes, the AI will use new governments. The AI chooses "the best" government. Even if you make them shun/hate Democracy, if Democracy is the best government they will choose. With the recent Facism Patch made someone said 10 out of 10 Civs were using Facism, this is because it became the "best government". The AI will tell you how balanced your governments are by how many are using them. If you have 5 governments and the AIs are using 4 you've done good.

Also Soren did say the AI isn't smart enough to know how to make military units use worker & engineer skills (cut trees, build forts, etc.)

Comment

Thanks.

I have a couple more questions. I am assuming that if i were to tweak the a/d/m value of certain units, the AI will know what units to use for attack and defense purposes, correct? For example, if I make archers better than spearmen defensively, then the AI will use archers for defense. (not that I would do such a thing, just an example)

Comment

Click the attributes (offense, defense, air bombardment, etc.) on the right you want the AI to have for the unit...
        Attached Files

Comment

ahhh....

Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X