UTILITY: Map Making Utility and Save Viewer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

great!
    i managed to load it in the editor - worked fine, allthough the map looks a bit dull. all those forrests...

when i've got a bit more time i'll look if i can test it.

however: i couldn't find any starting locations. maybe i just oversaw them because it's such a large map... but if you don't have any, that might be the reason why it doesn't/didn't work.
    - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
    - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

I put six start locations, in the Fraser valley (my locale), Newfoundland, and four up north. The placements were because me and this friend were going to try to play above regent for the first time, and then it crashed.
      I know it's dull, I just didn't want to have people building size 24 cities in NW territories. I was going to do it over with tundra, but I figured whats the point if I can't play it.
      I can load it in the editor, and do anything I want with it, but when I play it, it crashes after I've built my second city. The same problem happens when I play 256x256 maps made with this utility by others.
      Completed Projects:MexicoSan FranciscoNew ZealandCanada

Please visit my new forums!

Comment

please post a PTW version
        Get 84 Resources, 96 Resources, or the NEW 153 Resources! Get Rockier Bonus Grassland versions1.0 or 2.0! Get My Mix of Snoopy and Womocks early terrain! Get Varied Goody Huts!
        Upcoming Mods - Optimator (with over 1000 new units!!!) & Godzilla, Revenge of the Kaiju!
        I am in dire need of new dino and Kaiju units!

Comment

You can use it for plat the world.

It justcomes out as a Bic file first then after you made your map open the BIC output file with your PTW Editor.
          Down with Terrorism
          Click if you DARE!!!!!!!

Comment

OK I can get it to generate a map, but the terrain is real blocky - perfect squares in fact.
            Get 84 Resources, 96 Resources, or the NEW 153 Resources! Get Rockier Bonus Grassland versions1.0 or 2.0! Get My Mix of Snoopy and Womocks early terrain! Get Varied Goody Huts!
            Upcoming Mods - Optimator (with over 1000 new units!!!) & Godzilla, Revenge of the Kaiju!

Comment

OK, now go up to where you pick the different Terrain and choose a coastal terrain.

Now go to the edge of the landmass and add a coastal square.

You should see the Map change looks and it should look like the Civ Map Tiles.

Hope this helps
              SuperNova 8 (Sprnv 8)
              Down with Terrorism
              Click if you DARE!!!!!!!

Comment

That was it! thanks a million!

Comment

Nota Problema
                  Down with Terrorism
                  Click if you DARE!!!!!!!

Comment

a question

Hi there! first of all sorry for my (really bad) english! and now a question. I was thinking in a program like this one from the beloved civ2. But I'm not able to program, and I've no idea of what to do. anyway thanks a lot, it is very useful! I just have a question. Is it possible to make a bix or biq generator? bic files have a lot of limits, in size and terrain.

I know, it's easy to say, and not the same to do. just a suggestion. and thanks again!

Comment

• Would it be possible to get a C3C version of this? One that adds Marshes and Volcanoes?

Comment

• this thread has been dead for over 2 years except a few posts. the creator of this tool has been gone for the same long time... it's a real shame.
                        - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
                        - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

• Not wanting to read the whole thread, was any product even created and provided?

Comment

• There is one file attached in the first post (Not the full thread)
                            Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• Ok, I remember it now, Much has changed since then. User probably not even playing civ any longer.

Comment

• Getting "Specified file is not a valid map size..." error, no matter what size BMP I try. Can someone specify the minimum / Maximum PIXEL size of the bmp to use this to convert a bmp map to bic ?
                                Khartoum, Sudan Wars 1883-85
                                an Epic of the Wars in the Sudan
                                A new mod for CIV III Conquests Finally HERE !

Comment

Working...
                                X