HELP Player Starting Location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP Player Starting Location

Does anyone know a way to place a player start location for a specific civ, its kind of impossible to make a scenario when all the players are randomly assigned. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
    DEVM SVM
    I cant think of anything else intelligent...except, check out my alternate history page:
    Roma Invicta

You can't yet. Wait for the editor patch.

Comment

(I'm a geologist not a programmer...Jim!)

What is involved in sorting this problem? Why can't Soren (or any of the talented 1331 hacksaws can't do it...those that think they could do the A.I better) etc just fix it up in a few hours and put it out for d/l?

I don't understnd how they could do it for civ2 but not for civ3...by chance I started as the Romans in Italy with one of the modded earth maps

Comment

This is my very first post on this forum and I feel sad to announce that I am very disappointed in Civ3.
        How is it possible to neglect such a feature? I just can´t believe it! They´d better come up with a patch real quick or it´s back to Europa Universalis for me.

Comment

Personnally I'm disappointed in the civ3 modding community for having to rely on firaxis to get this one done...I wish I was studying programming and not geology!

Dude it is a rock!

Comment

oh my

Europa Universalis is amazing!
            Civ Fanatic
            aka "Shadow Soldier"

Comment

The only thing you can do right now is to use the savegame editor on this board. I'm currently playing a game on a huge earth map with all civs in accurate locations. There's some issues with contact and such, but it still works pretty well.

Comment

savegame editor? wheere is that available for download?

ps- i feel the same, i cant believe they could leave out something so critical as civ specific player start. thanks for the info guys. any idea when this "patch" is coming out, and what it will fix (maybe there is a thread for it i have missed)?
                DEVM SVM
                I cant think of anything else intelligent...except, check out my alternate history page:
                Roma Invicta

Comment

Could anyone out there, using the saved game editor, make a file for all of us to download that has all 16 civs placed in historic starting positions? Thanks in advance!!!
                  Civ Fanatic
                  aka "Shadow Soldier"

Comment

Hohenzollern,

EU is good, but not on NT.

dammit. I loved that game, I've noticed that EU 2 is out on the store shelves. do you know if it will run in win2000 NT?

I have to use Maya ( a 3d program) alot and so I need NT, but all my favorite games (like Civ2) wont run.

Comment

Working...
                    X