No announcement yet.

INFO: CivStats - Excel file with summaries of Civ III data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Civ-specific units are part of the regular upgrade chain in v1.17f (e.g. pikeman upgrades to musketeer), this should be displayed in the 'unit tree'. Otherwise you did a great job - printouts of your file are ready to hand whenever I play a game of Civ3.
    "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

Originally posted by lockstep
      Civ-specific units are part of the regular upgrade chain in v1.17f (e.g. pikeman upgrades to musketeer), this should be displayed in the 'unit tree'. Otherwise you did a great job - printouts of your file are ready to hand whenever I play a game of Civ3.
      You're right, I should really make the upgrade path clear. I considered showing arrows going to all the civ-specific units, but I was afraid that all those arrows crossing each other would make the chart too difficult to read. I hoped that the thin lines joining the civ-specific units to their non-specific equivalent would convey the idea. For the next version, I'll try to find a way to show the upgrades better.

Comment

I love it
        Traigo sueños, tristezas, alegrías, mansedumbres, democracias quebradas como cántaros,
        religiones mohosas hasta el alma...

Comment

New version 1.17.2

I've changed the file to match the updated version of the patch that was released by Firaxis on 15 Feb. The file is attached to my post in this thread that is dated 17 Feb.

Comment

Thanks for all the hard work. I use your files all the time.
            If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

BUMP, especially for the 'gold required for an advance' data in the tech tree.
              "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

could you make it in word format too? I dont have excel so all i can see is a "quickview" showing me the version history

Comment

Originally posted by civman2000
                  could you make it in word format too? I dont have excel so all i can see is a "quickview" showing me the version history
                  I don't know if I'll be able to make a version in another format (PDF would probably be best). But you can always download the free Excel viewer from Microsoft's Office downloads site. It lets you view and print Excel files even if you don't have Excel.

Comment

Will you update this for 1.21f?
                    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

New version for 1.21f patch

New version 1.21 adds:
                      • Changed to match the 3rd patch (Civ 3 version 1.21f)
                      • Moved some units in the Unit Tree to better show their place in the tech tree.
                      • Corrected calculation of City Centre Tile production.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Nero Would; May 5, 2002, 14:55.

Comment

Couldn't you posted this just a few minutes ago. I've just updated the file index.

Comment

Sorry Gramphos. I'll try harder next time

Incidentally, is there any way you can attach the file to the first post instead of my 5 May reply. I accidentally deleted the file from the first post, and now I can't attach the new version there.

Comment

No, there is no way of doing so. You can link to the new post, but you can't attach a file to an old post.

Comment

Re: New version for 1.21f patch

Originally posted by Nero Would
                              New version 1.21 adds:
                              • Changed to match the 3rd patch (Civ 3 version 1.21f)
                              • Moved some units in the Unit Tree to better show their place in the tech tree.
                              • Corrected calculation of City Centre Tile production.
                              Any updates for PtW?

This is a great file.
                              "...Democracy is the worst system there is, except all the other ones"

Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
                              X