Overthrown City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overthrown City

Ok, im playing as the Persians and i conquered an Aztec city around 50AD, and im currently in 1934AD, for some reason, the city gets taken over by culture by the aztecs, even though they have no borders pushing back that city.
    Its a size 14 city with ALL the improvements you can imagine, about 10 infantry units inside it. Now the city IS near aztec territory, yet they dont have any cities pushing back the borders, so why does this city get taken over??
    is this a bug or something??

This shouldnt be happening, the city has a lotta culture, and there's not one aztec city pushing back the border, and the border to this city is big.
    why is this happening?? also, i NEED this city cause it has 3 ivory sources, how can i prevent it?

Comment

Ok, now this just got ridiculous, my size 26 city which i founded like 1000BC, which has a lotta culture, got culturally taken over by the Aztecs again, the closest Aztec city to this one is about 35 tiles away, something is wrong here, these two cities SHOULD NOT have been taken over by culture.

The only thing that would make sense is if they initiated propaganda, but they cant cause im using democracy.
      Is this a bug in the game or something?

Comment

bump

someone please help me out here!

Comment

bump

Comment

i got the same problem

overtowing seems to be a random event. i conquerd an english city oxforf, few turns later it overtowned, i loaded saved game move all my units out of oxford, and.... it has not overtowned.

but i'm really upset becase i can't effect on this process. it doesn't depend on presence of military units- thi's unfair!

i suppose this also a bug.
            there must be a corrilation between deposing and presence of military units. advisor must warn me if my city may depose next turn.
            this bug and interseption bug makes civ3 unplayeble!!!

Comment

Yeah, its pretty stupid if there's no warning of being overthrown or if the presence of military units has no effect.

There's a lotta little quirks about this game, firaxis really has to address them all in a patch, they really rushed this game.

Comment

Working...
              X