This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No active link?

Is there some way you can find a new host? Geocities will not let you use much bandwidth making it a poor place for downloading. I am dying to try your newest mod but have been unable to connect... Looking forward to checking out your latest dude..

DG
    Thanks ~ Desert Fox (Real Nickname)
    Fleet Admiral - NeoTech Games Network - Game News & Game Modding Community

Comment

• OMG GUYS!!!!!!

Wow... guys... after about 2 months of silence.... WE ARE REBORN!!!!!! nice to see you all soo active on this balancer- my favourite mod... And MonkeySpider... Gratz on your marriage! Expect to hear about the shower in months to come?

anywayz... keep up the good work... and I will be working hard to give new suggestions on upcomings... while working harder on school....

lates!

-Calvin
      What is not True is also True. Only when you see that, you can glimpse the slit of opening to the Ultimate Reality.

-TheGraduate

Comment

• Great guys. And yes I am working on a new host. Give me a little time, please. You could try the Angelfire link on the download page, that should help.

Looking forward to the feedback.

EDIT: I am just waiting to here from the new host. Yes it is a paid site, so there should be no problems with bandwidth or anything.
        Last edited by Elucidus; March 16, 2002, 18:09.
        Yours in gaming,
        ~Luc

Comment

• update?

Hey dude I think you need to have MarkG update the file he has for you. It does not include the Civilopedia etc as you state. I see no angelfire link to try either? I am trying to check out all the mods to decide what one I really like.

DG

Comment

• Well since the original post was made by Monkspider I cannot edit it. Also the file is too large for the boards, it is about 4MB now.

If you follow either of the links I put in the above post they should both list two locations, The best one I have notived is the angelfire one. I fixed the one listed as primary (I screwed it up). Although if you followed the second one it has a link the the first one. I am still waiting to here from the new host. Let me know if you have any more problems.
            Yours in gaming,
            ~Luc

Comment

• finally downloaded

I am curious about one thing. Why did you decide to make a wonderful accomplishment like a Cure for Cancer make anyone unhappy in any city? Makes no sense to me thought I would ask before making my conclusions.

I had to keep clicking on the link, I hope it is free hosting if your paying they are messing with your bandwidth or something.
              I really want to see someone make an upgrade for the Privateer for modern times with same stats. Like a Corporate Raider vessel maybe using the Frigate for now till someone comes up with some good art? Peace..

Comment

• What that means is that it makes unhappy people content.

The one you are dealing with still is free. I haven't heard anything from the pay site and probably won't until monday. Did you get everything you needed? I could email it to you if you wanted.

We will definately look into a privateer upgrade. Let me know if you have any other suggestions, we are always happy to get feedback both good and bad.
                Yours in gaming,
                ~Luc

Comment

• Nice mod and good work. But I've got one question.

Everytime I capture an AI worker in a city it changes into a colonist of my nationality.

So if I capture a city with pop 4 I suddenly get 3 colonists and can build a new city with pop 6 and still have the old city with pop 3.

Was this supposed to happen?

Where are all those people coming from?

Greetings, Tori

Comment

• Yeah, I just noticed this myself, today in fact. I believe it was something that Monkspider did in 1.5. I will be changing it back to a worker in 2.11 which should be released sometime this week. Let me know if you find anything else odd.

Here are some other things I have found. Some unit icons (not in the build queue) are wrong. Like at the bottom of my city screen, I have a couple of spearmen, and they show up as elephants. Mt catapult shows up as a B2 on the Being Built button.

I suspect that these are hardcoded for the base game (since this replaces that BIC). We reorganized the units to put the newer ones in with their counterparts, this may be causing the problem. We tell it to use the correct icons in the editor, it just doesn't always do that.

Thanks for the feedback.
                    Yours in gaming,
                    ~Luc

Comment

• Unhappy faces?

Hey I was just checking on your unhappy faces with the Cure For Cancer. I think you should check this out, because the editor was not intended to give unhappy people a smile. Checking unhappy faces will generate unhappy faces in one or all cities! You should consider fixing this little bug.
                      I would like to see your military units be a little more balanced. Are you going to include Korn's Blitz mod changes in your next update? He does an excellent job at balancing the military is why I ask. I like your mod overall though man good job.
                      Not that my personal opinion counts that much just wanted to compliment you on the changes you made since the author dropped working on mod.
                      Looking forward to the next update. Peace.

Comment

• Well, your opinion does count. I am not sure exactly what changes Korn has made, but we have additional units that he may or may not have. If you could make specific suggestions that would help.

Also I'll check that unhappy thing out tonight and let you know. There are wonders that change unhappy to content so that is why I thought that would grant that ability. Again, I'll let you know.
                        Yours in gaming,
                        ~Luc

Comment

• Also, to elaborate a little bit on what Elucidus said, we will be working in the future on the issue of balancing the cambat issues that we have seen arise in the game. Let us know if you have any suggestions on how best to balance the combat values.

Elucidus: I'm back!!! I can start updating the page again very easily, if you just want to send me thigns to post up. Also, where are we at as far as hosting the files? Are we looking about upgrading yet, or what? Talk to you soon man!
                          DO, OR DO NOT, THERE IS NO TRY - Yoda
                          EAGLES MAY SOAR, BUT... WEASLES DON'T GET SUCKED INTO JET ENGINES - Unknown
                          AMBITION IS A POOR EXSCUSE FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE TOO STUPID TO BE LAZY - Unknown

Comment

• Double Post.
                            Yours in gaming,
                            ~Luc

Comment

• Well, I purchased the upgrade, just waiting to get the info from the host.

Talk at you later tonight.
                              Yours in gaming,
                              ~Luc

Comment

• Re: Unhappy faces?

Originally posted by Desert Dog
                                Hey I was just checking on your unhappy faces with the Cure For Cancer. I think you should check this out, because the editor was not intended to give unhappy people a smile. Checking unhappy faces will generate unhappy faces in one or all cities! You should consider fixing this little bug.
                                Wow, I stand corrected. Thanks for pointing out that rather large blunder. It will be fixed in the next update. Thanks again.

Also there are no wonders that change unhappiness, I was wrong again.
                                Yours in gaming,
                                ~Luc

Comment

Working...
                                X