Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay, got an update to the previous statue of liberty mod (continue to use the file listed earlier in the thread). Here is a copy of the Readme.txt:

0.81 Statue of Liberty Add-on to Monkspider's Balancer mod

Unzip this file into the root of Civilization III. It will automatically put all files in the correct locations and this readme file in the root. This file replaces the Pediaicons.txt and adds the following files to your Civ3 directory:

CIVILIZATION III\ART\WONDER SPLASH
    Statue.pcx -- This is the wonder pic shown when you complete it. I am unsure of how well it fits into the game (dimension-wise). So if someone can build it and let me know I would appreciate it.

CIVILIZATION III\ART\CIVILOPEDIA\ICONS\BUILDINGS
    Statuelarge.pcx -- These are the icons used in the Civilopedia.
    Statuesmall.pcx

CIVILIZATION III\ART\CITY VIEW\BUILDINGS
    WON-Statue_Sh.pcx -- The Shadow File for the Statue of Liberty in the City View.
    WON-Statue-D.pcx
    WON-Statue-G.pcx
    WON-Statue-P.pcx
    WON-STatue-T.pcx
    These files make up the pictures used in the City View. There are four versions of the file, I believe one for each age. I have yet to figure out how to get the game to use these files. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Even if we figure a way to get this to work, you will notice that the shadowing is backwards. I am working on that. I hope you guys enjoy this.
    Yours in gaming,
    ~Luc

Comment

• Here is the new Wonder-Splash:
      Attached Files
      Yours in gaming,
      ~Luc

Comment

• Here is the New Civilopedia Icon:
        Attached Files
        Yours in gaming,
        ~Luc

Comment

• Here is the file I cannot use, that is for the City View:
          Attached Files
          Yours in gaming,
          ~Luc

Comment

• Oh yeah, BTW, these are all just preliminary images. I would really like to get something a lot better, but I need to find some better images that aren't copy-righted first. So please bare with me.
            Yours in gaming,
            ~Luc

Comment

• Quick question. I know it might seem kinda silly but how do I cange the colonist ini. file. I still get this mod to crash on me every time I try to select a colonist. I have tried looking everywhere for it, but I can't even fing the colonist unit in my list of units. Am I doing something wrong? Just curious and any help would be greatly appreciated cause I want to play with this mod very, very bad.

Comment

• Ankh

I ran into that same problem...the ini file you are looking for is in the art/units/squatter file...if you d/l earlier versions of the mod
                just right click on the ini file and rename it to colonist and you are fixed...........hope that helps you out

Comment

• Depending on what version you have. If it is the original you need to copy the settler folder in the civ3/art/units folder. Then rename the copied folder to colonist. Go into the colonist folder and rename settler.ini to colonist.ini.

If you have a later version where it was called the Squatter, you simply need to rename the squatter folder and squatter.ini.

BTW, I am updating the Civilopedia.txt to reflect the changes that have been made by Monkspider and others on this mod. The biggest reason I haven't released the change is because I renamed the Pepper thing to Hollywood and am just waiting to see if that is the direction it goes.
                  Yours in gaming,
                  ~Luc

Comment

• I you guys, Elucidus and Yaga, I can't believe I forgot to leave the colonist art out again, *ARRGGH* I'm so mad at myself I can scream!
                    But I am extremely flattered that my mod has reached the level that others are offering their own "artistic interpretation" of it. I don't have as much time as I would like to work on it, so you guy's help is extremely appreciated! I LOVE the artwork you have done Eluc, as you could probably tell, I'm not any kind of graphical wizard, in fact it took me hours to provide even the crude wonder splash images we currently see.
                    Expect a 1.41 to be uploaded in the coming moments
                    http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

• I can perhaps render some assistance on the Wonder spashes if you wish...

Comment

• Wonderful! If you could make a great wondersplash for "dinosaur park" or say, "Classless Society", it would be wonderful! All the polish I can add to this mod, the better.
                        Also, Eluc, I plan on integrating your new statue images into the offical mod if you don't mind.

Comment

• Monkspider,

I'd be honored if you would include my files. Also note, however, I am no graphics guy myself. Everything I did was pixel-by-pixel. I just hope I can get them a bit better later on.

EDIT: Pixel-by-pixel from an existing picture, that is.
                          Last edited by Elucidus; November 23, 2001, 01:27.
                          Yours in gaming,
                          ~Luc

Comment

• Alright, I'll take a look around later tonight (got work tomorrow and parties this weekend though, so don't expect to see much of me until Sunday at the earliest ).

I can also take a look into that bmp of the Statue and see if I can 'sharpen' it enough to make it appear more fluid in regards to Civ's graphic style.

Comment

• bad news eluc, your wonder splash for Statue of Liberty crashes the game. I was having trouble with this for hours. But here's my findings. I found out that working splash images had to be 256 color and "palettized". I discovered a method for crudely "palettizing" images. So if you would like me to share it with you, I gladly can.

Comment

• Cian,

I would appreciate any assistance you can give. It looked okay, but when I started changing it and reducing it to a pallet, it got a little mad. You should've seen my first try.
                                Yours in gaming,
                                ~Luc

Comment

Working...
                                X