Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I added some feedback forums to the web-page. If you have any ideas, suggestions, complaints or what have you, feel free to leave the comments there. Thanks.
    Yours in gaming,
    ~Luc

Comment

• Firaxis Beta Tester

Well guys, I know I just got the mod going again at a good pace, but I will have to back off somewhat, as I just got my confirmation from Firaxis about my Beta Tester status. I will be working with them on things, things I can not readily talk about. I will still work on the mod, but it won't be as relentlessly, as I have to dedicate some time to Firaxis. Wish me luck
      Yours in gaming,
      ~Luc

Comment

• Whew boy. I haven't updated this anytime recently. Sorry about that. I update our web page though. Well Desert Fox and I are working on a version for PTW or as close as we can get it to PTW. If you have any ideas, post 'em here or visit our forums at http://balancer.topcities.com/forums/
        Yours in gaming,
        ~Luc

Comment

• Elucidus on leave for 3 weeks

Elucidus asked me to post a message that he is going on leave for 3 weeks. He will be working on the mod while on his Cruise (lucky guy ) We are busy working on The Balancer 3.0 to be included on the Play The World XP this fall. We are completely changing the entire mod. Most of the great things that have already been done will stay. All of the military will be totally redone all stats. We have some original ideas but are looking to the community for suggestions, requests. Please post your suggestions either here, civfanatics or at Elucidus web site and forums. @ http://balancer.topcities.com/forums/index.php

Your input will help make the mod even more fun to use. Elucidus asked me to thank everyone who has helped him get this far. He could not have made the mod without all of your help. Looking forward to any input from anyone.

Aka Desert Fox
          Thanks ~ Desert Fox (Real Nickname)
          Fleet Admiral - NeoTech Games Network - Game News & Game Modding Community

Comment

• You guys and korn469 (blitz mod) should get together and make one combined mod that includes all the great ideas. If you could get it in by the 9th :-) it would even get on the PTW disk.
            Seemingly Benign
            Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

• Not likely at all!

I highly doubt that would ever happen. Each mod author has different directions their own mods are going. Better to have a variety of ideas rather then to pour them all in one pot. The Balancer WILL be included on the Play The World expansion disk. It will be totally different though we are changing many things especially the military stats, the beta did not work out well. New techs, new wonders, a way of stopping older units from killing off advanced units, new resources including strategic (sp) recourses for building ships, certain military units. Space race will be changed to be much harder to do. Way to many things to list here. Since Elucidus is a tester for Firaxis he will still be able to get The Balancer on the XP disk. Thanks for the offer though.

Comment

• The Balancer 3.0 news

I thought I would make an announcement concerning the new version of The Balancer. Elucidus is currently working on The Balancer for the Play The World expansion package. He is trying to meet the deadline set by Firaxis for their Beta testers. This is why no update is out yet for The Balancer. Once he is finished with the 3.0 version for the XP he will quickly get out The Balancer 3.0 for the latest patch 1.29f.
                Everyone who enjoyed the previous versions of The Balancer will be in for quite a surprise. It has been totally revamped with some old revisions still in place, with many new things, some not done by anyone else. I really think Elucidus has really been working hard way into the late night hours to provide you with this update. We should have a working 1.29f version for your gaming pleasure first part of next week. XP version will be done tonight or first thing on Sunday. (Damn wish I could play it )
                Please be sure to contact Elucidus if you are interested in being a tester or contributing your talents to help with the mod. Either e-mail him or go to the Web site and post a message in the forums there. http://balancer.topcities.com/forums/index.php

"Admitted Civ Addict"

Comment

• Balancer News

I have been posting some news about the new Balancer over at the web site, but in case you haven't checked it out, here it is.

BALANCER 3.0/3.0XP 19-Aug-02

Well Dave and I have been hard at work on the Balancer 3.0XP. We hope to release the standard version of 3.0 in about a week or so, but had a deadline to meet with Firaxis for the mod. There are a lot of new things, some things we tried last version are gone and some old things are back. We will try to get the 3.0 version out to you guys as soon as we can. Please bare with us.

BALANCER 3.0 21-Aug-02

3.0 is nearing completion. I hope to have it ready for the testers by Friday night at the latest. Anyone who wants to be a tester, email me here . I have to work this weekend, so I won't be able to work on it much then. I am very excited about this version. I am also looking into hosting a few of my favorite graphics mods at the web site, it all depends on the creators though. If you have any recommended graphics mods you would like us to look at, again send us an email.
                  Yours in gaming,
                  ~Luc

Comment

• BALANCER 3.0 in testing 23-Aug-02 2110 CST

Well 3.0 is finished, just not fully tested. Anyone interested in testing it let me know. I hope to release it after a few days of intense testing, but if you would like to try it as is, send me an email and I will send you the details on how to get it.
                    Yours in gaming,
                    ~Luc

Comment

• Help me!

My game keeps crashing right as I'm about to build the Hagia Sophia in the 1300's. I don't know if this is what is causing it or if I need to d-load the patch. Does this mod work with the latest patch?

"Where are we going? And why am I in this handbasket?!?"
                      from the ashes , in the desert.

Comment

• What version are you playing with?

The current version that is compatible with 1.29f is Balancer 3.0 only. Any other previous version will not work correctly, in fact you will experience random crashes. Contact Elucidus if you are not a regular part of The Balancer testing team. He will send you the password to open and run Balancer 3.0. Thank you for your interest.

Comment

• MaxisDugan85,

Hey bud,

Desert Dog is right, that is a much older version of the mod you are using, as we haven't had the Hagia Sophia in at least two versions, not that we won't readd it in in the future. Let me know if you would like to test out the 3.0 version. It is having some graphical situations but no major crashes yet.

Rob
                          Yours in gaming,
                          ~Luc

Comment

• Oh.....

Ok. I can see my mistake now.
                            Question :
                            Are we going to need a key thing-a-ma-jiggy to use this mod now or is this just for mod testers?
                            I'm tempted to help , but , I think I should wait patiently for you guys to do all the work.

"Where are we going? And why am I in this handbasket?"
                            from the ashes , in the desert.

Comment

• It is a password for the zip. It is for the testers. So far no major problems, but there are some cosmetic things that need to be fixed. If you would like to be a tester, send me an email and I'll set you up. The latest should be released shortly as I have been away all week.
                              Yours in gaming,
                              ~Luc

Comment

• Well the web-page is down. It seems I have used up all of my alloted bandwidth. I will not be able to load up the mod until sunday. Also I have already aquired a new web host, one that offers 10 times the bandwidth. I don't expect to utilize that much, but I don't want this to happen again. Please bare with us through this problem. Thank you for understanding.

~Elucidus
                                Yours in gaming,
                                ~Luc

Comment

Working...
                                X